MSTR TCP/IP Control Word Definitions

J

Jon Pope

I am working with a Modicon Quantum 113/3, and reviewing a program that uses a MSTR function to communicate via TCP/IP. I understand most of it, but cannot find information on three of the control words in this function.

I am programming in Proworx NxT, and this setup is on page 2 of the MSTR Register Editor.

Can anyone tell me what these registers do:

* Word 5 - "Head # and Map Index" (I understand Head #, but what does Map Index do)

* Word 10 - "# of Input Registers (FC23)"

* Word 11 - "Server Input Base"

None of these seem to be explained very well in the NxT help. Any help would be much appreciated.

S

Schneider Italy

I can't find any of those register descriptions..

As far as I know MSTR function for TCP/IP has only 9 registers:
40000x = function (1..4,7,8,10..12)
40000x+1 = error code
40000x+2 = depending on function (usually length)
40000x+3 = depending on function (usually first register address)
40000x+4 = quantum backplane slot id
40000x+5 = byte 4 of the IP address
40000x+6 = byte 3 of the IP address
40000x+7 = byte 2 of the IP address
40000x+8 = byte 1 of the IP address

Anyhow Map is the modbus address needed if from ethernet you have to go to serial 485

M
>40000x+4 = quantum backplane slot id

Remember that the slot id is on the More significative byte of this word (left side). On the Least significative byte you can put the Modbus address when the final destiny is a serial device attached to a Ethernet to Serial Bridge.

M
Hi

I came across this post tryign to find answer to an issue using the same configuration u mentioned above.

>> 40000x+4 = quantum backplane slot id

> Remember that the slot id is on the More significative byte of this word (left side). On the Least significative
> byte you can put the Modbus address when the final destiny is a serial device attached to a Ethernet to Serial Bridge.

I am trying to read a tank level with a Quantum PRO WORKS 32 using MSTR over modbus TCP ip and then serial after a LANTRONIX module.

I am able to read the data however the Source register is over written by a value of 512 for each scan, so asa a result I see the tank value alternated by 512.

Any idea why this could be happening?

Thanks