Exhaust over temperature

S

Soheil

Hi Friends

In advance thanks for your kind cooperation. It is near 5 years that i am working in a gas refinery with MS 5002d gas turbines with MARK VI controller. After overhaul of one of them we started that and the turbine tripped due to over temperature of exhaust at 31% of hp shaft speed. again next day we started that and this time we had only over temperature alarm and another strange thing that i saw was that the hp shaft speed was fixed at 89 percentage for about ten minutes and it did not rise. in that time IGV was at 64 and suddenly problem solved and speed rose and it reached to desire set point of LP speed (60% for this turbine) and it got loaded. Now it is running and every thing seems OK, but i am worrying about next start up. Please guide me what could be the reason of this high temperature of exhaust during start up while before overhaul of this unit we never saw that?!?!?

Thanks

I am working with F7E GT with Mark VIe control, at my place or in speedtronic exhaust temp monitor does not activate till one minute passed the FSNL. And if stuck in within the ramping sequence, during start up you press start and execute to pass that hurdle. I have done that in one of our GTG while it stuck at acceleration mode. For spreads there are no st rules, all trouble shootings are try and error with looking into HGP etc. One of our GTG has spread 100 90 89 (*F) (after CI), we tried everything, moved fuel hoses across but no success, talked to GE. as per them you should worry if spread is about 105 (*F). Is there anybody here who can throw some light on SWIRL ANGLE?

Thanks