Droop Mode On Gas Turbine

P

Phuklom

I have a question about generator of gas turbine GE Frame6 which control by mark5. what if the generator operate in Island, but still in droop mode. what will be the effect to the system?

The operator will be <b>VERY BUSY</b> making adjustments to the turbine to maintain a stable frequency as motors are started and stopped, lights are turned on and off, computers and computer monitors are turned on and off, etc. If the load is relatively stable, the operator won't be working so hard, but frequency will still likely drift more than usual.

Hope this helps!!!

Thank you for your answer.

More question, In this case, could the generator make the voltage swing? why?

Thank you sir.

Phuklom,

Load- and frequency control is a function of the turbine control system (the "governor").

Island system voltage--and I'm presuming the Frame 6 is the only generator supplying the island load--is a function of the generator exciter (the "AVR"), <i>unless</i> the frequency is fluctuating a lot. Generator terminal voltage is a function of BOTH speed and excitation, and if the excitation is stable but the speed (frequency) is varying then the generator terminal voltage will also swing. Was the generator exciter ("AVR") in Automatic or Manual Mode?

Can you just describe the event, in as much detail as possible?