CSP File Modification in MARK V

R

RKSGE

Good day friends

we are using GE frame 5,mark v speedtronics control with TMR. Recently, we have added some new inputs into our mark v system. Vendor from GE updated the files (LONGNAME.DAT, IO.ASG,ALLOCSSP, SEQ_AUX.SRC) and compiled using USER command in Cmd. All the files got updated except CSP file. Our modified inputs was not reflecting in that file.

How to edit and update the CSP file in mark V system? if so, kindly tell me the procedure to do this update.

RSKGE (interesting name; especially the last two characters....),

Creating the CSP after modifying sequencing and adding I/O files is a completely separate and manual process from MK5MAKE.BAT and the EEPROM Downloader. The CSP.PRN file (and CSP_XREF.PRN) doesn't get downloaded to the Mark V--it's only an ASCII text file that is created and exists on the operator interface.

The CSP.PRN file is an ASCII text file that's created using the CSP Documentor. The name of the executable file that creates CSP.PRN (and CSP_XREF.PRN) varies depending on the type of Mark V operator interface. <I>s use SEQ_MSE.EXE--if I recall correctly (it's been a LONG time since I've worked on an <I>) , and GE Mark V HMIs (running some version of MS-Windows and CIMPLICITY) use CSP_DOCMT.EXE.

The CSP Documentor usually has to be run from the command prompt of the unit-specific directory (F:\UNIT1, for example).

Again, it's a completely manual and separate process from editing any ASCII text files, running MK5MAKE.BAT, or using the EEPROM Downloader (which is where the USER option came from).

Hope this helps!

P.S. I recommend you make a back-up of the existing CSP.PRN and CSP_XREF.PRN files because they will be over-written when you run the CSP Documentor.

Hi RSKGE,

As CSA advised, Mark_V is featured with Self documentation facility that creates CSP & CSP_XREF prn (text) files through a command from DOS Prompt - 'MS_XREF' (MS_XREF.exe). I found this command on most of the MK V panels I have worked.

Hope this helps
Samson

Thank you very much for the useful information. I will check in my system about this and get back to the result.

Then as CSA interested for last two letters, i am very much interested to learn about GE gas turbines and their systems and also working on it, so i added GE in my user name..