Today is...
Wednesday, November 22, 2017
Welcome to Control.com, the global online
community of automation professionals.
Featured Video...
Featured Video
Wiring and programming your servos and I/O just got a lot easier...
Our Advertisers
Help keep our servers running...
Patronize our advertisers!
Visit our Post Archive
Master & Slave configuration between 2 PLC Twido TWDLCAE40DRF
I need solution for master & slave configuration between 2 PLC Twido TWDLCAE40DRF

I need solution for master & slave configuration between 2 PLC Twido TWDLCAE40DRF.

My final project is about a system for filling drink on a cup and do the packaging. the component of the project is the filling system (dropping cup, filling water, pressing the seal) and the packing (packing into a box and sealing the box). This project is using 2 PLC Twido TWDLCAE40DRF. My problem is how to configure one of them as the master and the other as the slave. the only port that my plc have is mini-DIN 8 pin and port ethernet.

Is there any reference for the configuration of the plc including the communication?

hope there is any solution to my problem.

By Ikhtiander on 23 July, 2017 - 4:02 am

Hi Kungfupanda,

you can use Modbus RTU protocol in which one Twido will be acting as a Modbus Master and other will be as Modbus slave through RS232/485 network.

For more detail please refer to below documents:

http://www2.schneider-electric.com/resources/sites/SCHNEIDER_ELECTRIC/content/live/FAQS/159000/FA159970/en_US/Twido%20Modbus%20Addressing.pdf

i've already read the manual you've send to me, but i'm not quite sure i understand them. i don't really understand about the communication. can i get any simple step or which cable or port i should use and connect? and also what kind of program should i write on the master either the slave?

By Gsm Commander on 27 July, 2017 - 4:08 am

Hi :)

You should look into the GSM Commander. Our slave and master sequence is pretty straightforward. we have 2 ports next to each other. the one on the left is the master the one on the right is the slave. Our set up goes: m s / m s / m s.