Log In
Join
Join the Community
Register
Log in
Or sign in with
Facebook
Google
GitHub
Linkedin
SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER
Register
Main Menu
Home
Explore
Products
Cabinets & Panel Components
CNC Machines
Communication & Security
Connectors, Wire & Cable
Data Analytics & Simulation
Electrical Power Control
HMIs & SCADA
Motors & Controls
PLCs & PACs
Pneumatics & Hydraulics
Robotics
Safety
Sensors & Instruments
View all
Industry
Advanced Mfg
Agriculture
Automotive
Building
Chemical
Electronics
Energy & Infrastructure
Food & Beverage
Forest Products
Logistics
Medical & Pharma
Metal
Military & Aerospace
Natural Resources
Plastics & Polymers
Product Mfg
View all
Content
Ebooks
Forums
Industry Articles
Industry Webinars
Industry White Papers
News
Partner Content Hub
Technical Articles
Textbook
Tools
Worksheets
Articles
Latest
News
Technical Articles
Industry Articles
Industry White Papers
Forums
Latest
General Discussion
Hardware
Software
Communication
Education
Textbooks
Video Lectures
Worksheets
Industry Webinars
Ebooks
Tools
Videos
Latest
Industry Videos
Industry Webinars
Video Lectures
Giveaways
Partner Content Hub
Contact Us
Register
Log In
Network Sites
Search...
Home
Search
JavaScript is disabled. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding.
Search results
Search everything
Search threads
Search blogs
Keywords
Search titles only
Posted by
You may enter multiple names here.
Newer than
Search
D
Introduction
Welcome to the forum, John. I'm near the end of a career in process instrumentation and SCADA data collection and contribute to the fora because I can remember how difficult it was to discover some of the things I learned the hard way in the course of troubleshooting problems. I hope you...
David_2
Post #2
Jun 24, 2020
Forum:
Off-Topic
D
Windows Modbus Reader
Modscan is a great tool for checking, confirming and troubleshooting a Modbus connection and the data format, but it might not be the right tool for displaying data on a continuous, operational basis. A SCADA or HMI software package with a Modbus driver might be more what you need because those...
David_2
Post #2
Jun 24, 2020
Forum:
Modbus
D
G.E. Part Number for Instruments on frame VI gas turbine system
Thanks for the very interesting historical note - the bipolar ±12VDC power supply for a 4-wire pressure transmitter. That precedes my experience. I just assumed two wire, loop power for an industrial pressure transmitter because that's been my experience and it just goes to show - assumptions...
David_2
Post #10
Jun 18, 2020
Forum:
Power Generation
D
Please stop just getting informations and leave without give people feedback!
A past US President, Bill Clinton, frequently made the statement, "I feel your pain". I'll echo that sentiment as an appropriate statement for your frustration at the circumstances when there's so little feedback from so many posters. As a long time veteran of web fora, I came to grips...
David_2
Post #2
Jun 15, 2020
Forum:
General Automation Chat
D
Modbus RTU with a TPW 04 PLC
FYI, by convention, Hexadecimal is used when documenting the fields in Modbus messages. I don't think I've seen anyone provide decimal numbers before. Hexadecimal works well because Modbus Holding and Input data registers are 16 bit registers, so each data register is a 4 digit hexadecimal...
David_2
Post #5
Jun 12, 2020
Forum:
Modbus
D
DP flow meter calculation
Are you sure of your engineering units? a rather substantial 50 PSID drop across a flow element? An increase in flow of 150% (900gpm/600gpm = 1.5 = 150%) will produce a corresponding increase in DP of 225%, an increase from 50PSID to 112.5 PSID. sq rt of 225% DP (sq rt of 2.25 normalized) =...
David_2
Post #3
Jun 8, 2020
Forum:
Instrumentation & Measurement
D
How do I change Parameters on a PC7 saftronics drive pad on front of drive not working.
Contact Saftronics and ask them how to repair or replace the drive's keypad/display. https://www.saftronics.co.uk/contact-us/
David_2
Post #2
Jun 6, 2020
Forum:
Motion Control
D
G.E. Part Number for Instruments on frame VI gas turbine system
Electronic differential pressure transmitters are commodity items nowadays (really old pneumatic output DP's are not, they are obsolete) - there's a dozen major league players that produce excellent, reliable products. Their origins were for flow measurements across orifice plates in the...
David_2
Post #6
Jun 3, 2020
Forum:
Power Generation
D
Is Modbus suitable for wall switch applications?
>I’m assuming that the master must poll every single slave all the time to read some discrete input state but since I don’t see any real life proof of concept it must be because modbus protocole isn’t suited for that? I have a hard time figuring out if the polling of every slave can cause...
David_2
Post #7
May 30, 2020
Forum:
Modbus
D
Finding Proportional Band in PID controller after tuning
The output has to be used by the controller's physical output - the 4-20mA output or time proportional on/off modulation within the cycle time period. So output is 0-100%.
David_2
Post #16
May 24, 2020
Forum:
Process Control
D
Finding Proportional Band in PID controller after tuning
>So PID formula will only apply during (100 - (40/2)) to (100 + (40/2)) . i.e 80C to 120C. If measured temperature is current below 80C, then output is 100% on & if above 120C then output is off completey? Is this it means? I did not read all the subsequent posts some of which seem to...
David_2
Post #13
May 22, 2020
Forum:
Process Control
D
Communication problem with Kepserverex to Meter Computer Floboss s600+
Please use a statement like "Modscan can read register xxxxxx" instead of "I can read register 4000" because "I can read" it does not inform the community as which application (Modscan or Kepware) reads register 4000. The photo you posted shows Modscan reading (3)4xxx: Input registers. floating...
David_2
Post #2
May 14, 2020
Forum:
Modbus
D
Thermocouple sheath OD
>Will change in sheath OD causes any change in accuracy of T/C? No, no change in accuracy.
David_2
Post #5
May 12, 2020
Forum:
Instrumentation & Measurement
D
Thermocouple sheath OD
I can't recall where I got these, but E is Exposed, G is grounded and U is Ungrounded
David_2
Post #3
May 11, 2020
Forum:
Instrumentation & Measurement
D
ABB DP with pitot sensor not reading flow correctly
1. Presumably you have a manifold valve between each pitot tube and its DP transmitter. Swap/exchange one of the three good-working transmitters with the bad boy transmitter. If the problem moves to a former working-good location, then there's an issue with the transmitter. If the problem...
David_2
Post #2
May 11, 2020
Forum:
Instrumentation & Measurement
D
DPT with Diaphragm seals
Your corporate limit of 6m of capillary length is somewhat less what is available for commercial remote seal assemblies from major vendors (depending on diaphagm size). Commercial capillary length limits are likely due to - a xmtr-capillary-diaphragm combination accuracy limits at reference...
David_2
Post #4
May 11, 2020
Forum:
Instrumentation & Measurement
D
endianness for 32 bit data
I'd say you're lucky if you've only encountered one FP format over a number of years working with Modbus. For integer info, I'll refer you to Wikipedia's page on integers because I'm not a programmer, just a Modbus implementer. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integer_%28computer_science%29...
David_2
Post #4
May 7, 2020
Forum:
Modbus
D
endianness for 32 bit data
Executive summary: Endianess can be and is different for data formats than it is for the bit order in serial transmission Section 4.2 in the "MODBUS Application Protocol Specification V1.1b" is source of your quote "Modbus uses a big-Endian representation for addresses and data items." Here's...
David_2
Post #2
May 6, 2020
Forum:
Modbus
D
DPL queries
This is known as a Zombie thread, rising from the dead. The original question was asked in 2004 and answered in 2005 and now you re-open it in 2020, a testament to the power of search engines. You might luck out and someone reading this will have 15 year old software and some experience, and...
David_2
Post #4
May 3, 2020
Forum:
Networking
D
E & H Temperature probe not reading correctly
1. Is this a correct summary? At the present time the measuement system is: A. Probe #1 is Type T Thermocouple with a temp transmitter sending a 4-20mA signal scaled 0-160 Deg C to a DCS. B. Probe #2 is Type T Thermocouple with a temp transmitter sending a 4-20mA signal scaled 0-160 Deg C to...
David_2
Post #11
May 3, 2020
Forum:
Instrumentation & Measurement
1
2
3
…
Go to page
Go
10
Next
1 of 10
Go to page
Go
Next
Last
Top
Continue to site
QUOTE OF
THE DAY
“
”
-