Intelligent Building System with User Based Adaptability

• Thread starter Pradeepa Gunasekera
  • Start date
P

Pradeepa Gunasekera

I’m a Sri Lankan student following Bsc. in computing. I hope to develop intelligent building software as my final year project.

A brief description of my project:
I need to get values from sensors (Ex: temperature = 32C) with sensor ID (to identify the sensor) that installed in the building. These signals will be simulated by using a simulator because I’m doing a computing project and I’m not going to interface with the hardware. These values will then evaluate with the program that is to be build, according to the energy saving and user adaptability of the building. If the program decides whether any change necessary to the environment it will send action signal to an actuator which can change the environment. I’ll also simulate these actions.

Is this possible with modbus protocol?

Example Scenario:

It is detected that sunlight produces high light level. Then the system can open blinds to let the sunlight into the building in order to save energy.

You can do that using Modbus for sure... however you have to select the gateway and the sensor from different vendor.

Fo software part, Have a look on in http://www.dotvision.com

We are very active in Building automation using Modbus or other protocols.

S

Sergey Maranov

I am looking for a vendot that has the gateway AND the sensor. If anyone knows.. really knows. Please post it here
Thanks

I hope to develop application that use active badge system. what are the active badge controllers that supports modbus?

thanks.