OPC Server and Wonderware App

R

rpmcmahon

I have a problem with a wonderware application. I am running Intouch 7.0 on NT. I am running Control Microsystems OPC Server to communicate with 8 RTUs via VHF radio. My problem is that in the last few days the wonderware will not show "real time" information and my OPC server says it has a 100% fail rate on communication. However, I can still control the digital I/O at one of the RTUs with the supposed 100% failed through-put. I can only manipulate the Digital I/O. All analog values are either "0" or "full scale." After some time (different each time it happens)the system will return to perfect functioning order. I have rebooted the system and the radios/modems to no avail. Any help is appreciated........

S

Seann Gallagher

Is it possible that you are having some timeout issues? Does the OPC Server allow you to increase the time period it will wait to get a response from the device? Since the write messages for your Digital I/O get sent out and may only require an echo message for confirmation, the timeout in this case will not prevent the digital out points from working. Does the I/O Server provide any troubleshooting methods that will allow you to monitor the communication packets being sent and received? What kind of error messages, if any, are you getting from the OPC server?

Seann Gallagher
Standard Automation & Control LP