Looking for Ex-proved Operator panels

P

Pavel

Hello every body. I have the following problem. I need Operator interface panel for Ex environment. The panel has to have a communication interface for Siemens PLC; the best will be MPI interface (but Profibus will be OK too). I need a similar functionality as OP from Siemens. I will prefer a version without need to keep the enclosure of the panel under air pressure. All hints appreciated.

I posted about this subject in July 2002 (see http://www.control.com/1026153238/index_html), but to tell the truth I was directed to only one new and concrete solution. I'm still thinking there have to be more products solutions for my problem. I know, hazardous areas are not popular because of complicated instalation. But I hope that there are more products on the market however.

All hints appreciated.

Pavel
[email protected]

T

Terry Miller

Please advise if the environment is Class I Div. 2 or more severe. If Class I, Div. 2 then a PC with programmed OI will be most cost effective.

Terry Miller

The Touch and Keys versions of the SIMATIC Multi Panel MP 370 12" have been shipped since December 2, 2002 (revision level 06) with Ex 2/22 certification for use in hazardous areas.

I just saw this today.

MMilton

try 3M Dynapro series. they are certified Cl 1 Div 2, comes with Win NT OS and you can use your favourite HMI software, has good heat dissipation and good reliability. We installed in a few offshore platforms 3 years ago and never gave any problem.

P
Keep in mind this is Ex 2/22 is the European certification. The Siemens panels are FM Class 1 Div II Groups A,B,C,D. They are not Div I. If this panel is for the U.S. market you will still need the purged enclosure.

Ron Powers
Siemens Energy & Automation