Contactless level sensor

M

M Divakar

I need details about contact less level sensor for measuring level of liquid in a container. this is for a high temperature operation.

U can think about Ultra-sonic Level sensors. I don't have details about the Manufacturers & Types.

D

David Corking

I am not sure about high temperature, but ask your local instrument reps about the temperature capabilities of ultrasonic and radar.

M

Matthew Hyatt

To the first post,

radar, ultra-sonic and infared all good possibly solutions for this application.

2nd post - if your rocker switch moves a 1/4" or so, you want to try optical, none of the other methods will give you the resolution required, plus they would be fairly expensive to use and mount just to tell if a switch has changed position. IF you get a illuminated type you can determine if the devcie is lit or not and that would be an adequate method of knowing the position.

MJH

WADECO Ltd. specializes in Radar Level Sensors for high temperature applications.

The ability to use bent waveguide to separate the antenna from the controller is also a positive aspect.

>From what i hear, this company is building a name for its self in the Iron & Steel making industry as a world leader in microwave sesning technology.

Here is their URL: http://www.wadeco.co.jp