Mitsubishi Q Series PLC

V

vicky

IS any one working with mitsubishi Q series PLC. Please help. Already i send 2 threads but no reply for that.......

I've only used their modbus TCP card. The IP address for that is set in GX developer (I'm using GX IEC developer). I don't know if your ethernet card is the same, but for the modbus card you simply input the IP address as 4 hex bytes in the "switch" fields of the IO card setup.

I will say that the Q modules are finickly about needing to be reset on the front panel several times before some errors are cleared out.

I'm assuming you've read the manual?

Have you contacted your distributor to see if they can help you? They are usually really good about helping with this kind of thing.

KEJR

J

Jeremy Pollard

How can I help?? I know of an expert:) but its not me...:)

Cheers from :
Jeremy Pollard, CET The Caring Canuckian!
www[.]tsuonline[.]com
Control Design www[.]controldesignmag[.]com
Manufacturing Automation www[.]automationmag[.]com
3 Red Pine Court, RR# 2 Shanty Bay, Ontario L0L 2L0

thanks for your Reply ken. I am using redundant PLC(Q12PRHCPU). I read the manual too. As per the settings given in manual i done and write to PLC after executing the program the error LED starts blinking.Rite now i am not connected any I/O modules
The error code is
1.3103(Link Parameter Error)

Me using GX Developer only and QJ71E71-100 Ethernet module. If you have any idea about the settings to be done. If so send the settings or related manuals to my mail ID
vignesh.arc [at] gmail.com

Regards
vicky

I am using Redundant Q series PLC(Q12PRHCPU) and GX Developer SoftWare. My first task is to load the IP address to the PLC.After executing the network parameters and IP address tothe PLC the error LED starts blinking.

The error code
1. 3103(Link Parameter Error) in SYS A and SYS B

I done all the settings by referring user manuals.
The ethernet module is QJ71E71-100. i cant ping the PLC. So please send the required settings.If you want to know any other details. Contact to my mail ID
vignesh.arc [at] gmail.com

Regards
Vicky

J

Jeremy Pollard

Vicky - I have asked..

Cheers from :
www[.]tsuonline[.]com

Vicky,

I can't speak for everyone here, but it has been my experience with mailing lists and forums that you don't go around making demands of people. We all work on our own projects and don't get paid for solving your problems.

I've used Mitsubishi PLCs before as we discussed previously, and they are not the norm, at least in the USA (somewhat more in europe but mostly in Asia). I would dare say a majority of people on this list have never seen a Mitsubishi PLC let alone claim to be an expert on Q series redundant CPU ethernet setup.

Contact your local Mitsubishi office, they get paid for this. Also, try the online forum "MrPLC". They have a dedicated Mitsubishi forum. When in doubt read the Japlish Manual 5 times and try to read between the lines.

Good luck.

KEJR

J

Jeremy Pollard

Hey Ken .. I think that you are.. and you did it well!!:) No offence Vicky, but all we can is try

Cheers from :
www[.]tsuonline[.]com

J

Jeremy Pollard

Vicky - this is from my guy.. not sure if it helps but hey hope it helps:) He included some Pix which I cant post .. but it is all in the config screens.

Make sure the QJ71E71-100 Ethernet Module is inserted in the rack. nce its in the rack we need to setup the rack configuration. Goto Parameter/PLC Parameter/ I/O Tab in GX developer. Goto the slot that has the Ethernet module and make sure it is configured as an Intellient module, 32 points and give it an address range in the I/O assignment. (See example pic 1)

In the example the ethernet module is installed in a remote rack slot 2 and has an address range of 0130-0149

Next you need to setup the Network Parameters. Goto parameter/Network parameter and add the ethernet module to the rack. (See Example Pic 2)

In the example Ethernet is listed at the Network type, we show the starting I/O address, Number Number (I had 3 differnet ones but if there is only one then make it one).

Next double click operational settings and this is where you enter the IP address.

Write all the setup to the PLC and you should be good on the network module. Note if you plug your computer into the ethernet module Windows will not show a connection. (I think its cause the mits is not TCP/IP)

The best way is to use a router plug your PLC, and PC into it and try pining it.

Cheers from :
www[.]tsuonline[.]com

J

Jeremy Pollard

More stuff:)

Also the following manuals are helpful:

SH-080009 - Q ethernet Interface module Basic
SH-080180 - Q ethernet Interface module Web Functions
SH-080008 - Q ethernet Interface module Communication protocols
SH-080010 - Q ethernet Interface module Application Manual

Free download from Mits web site

Cheers from :
Jeremy Pollard

pollard,

sorry for the delay reply. i am out of station. Did u send any pictures i could not find any attachments. you refereed to see picture 1 & 2. so Please send the details if you have

Regards
vicky

J

Jeremy Pollard

Sorry Vicky - I didn't get those pix either.. they were screen shots of the config windows .. to show the results of the text..

If the text isn't clear enuff then let me know and I will ask my 'expert' for the screen shot:)

And no worries re out of station..:)

Cheers from :
www[.]tsuonline[.]com