PLC's with integrated web servers for Web HMI application

Hello,

I am new to the plc world and have been looking for plcs for an internship project. I have 70 modbus devices to control with a plc as the master/client. My customer would like to visualize the data online, with an hmi esque interface, control of plc is not required but viewing varaibles is. I have been looking at the Siemens s7-1200, but as their lead times are big in the US, and their web server examples didnt look all that modern I am looking for some more devices. The customer also specified they would not like a custom web host solution using any apis or mqtt.

Requirments are:
<2500 in price
rs-485 serial interface
Modbus RTU Communication support
Real time clock
Some sort of modern web hmi intergrated

Are there even plcs that can accomplish this with an HMI to the extent they would like, or should I start looking at hmi's, headless hmis, etc

I haven't used a large range of PLCs before, however one I have come across that you can include a web page style HMI as an option with the PLC is the Schweitzer Energy Labs RTAC. The development software is free, you will just need to pay for the additional option you need (web page, touchscreen, additional comms protocols if required, etc). While the cheapest of the range (SEL-3505 or SEL-3505-3) does not have those options, the rest in the range will at least have the web page option. Depending on what you are doing, the SEL-2240 Axion is rack based where a touchscreen is also a possible option, or the smaller SEL-3530 may be something that can do what you need.

All the best with finding the best controller!

I propose the Saia-Burgess PCD series. The PCD1.M2220 model (aka. "E-Line CPU") fits your needs very good.
https://www.saia-pcd.com/en-gb/prod...systems/compact-design/saia-pcd-1-m-2220-c-15

If you prefer a CodeSys based platform, look for the Saia-PCD PCD3.M6893 (aka. "Qronox PCD").

For both of these you will need a display connected via Ethernet , but this can be any PC or panel that is capable of rendering standard HTML5 based web pages (as Chrome, Edge browsers, Chromium based stand-alone panels, etc)

If you are looking for a combined HMI panel + PLC, then the Saia-PCD PCD7.D443 programmable panel will do the trick as well.

DISCLAIMER: We have a dealership for SBC (Saia Burgess Controls, a Honeywell subsiduary). Our customers often use these CPU as semi-SCADA with the integrated webserver. The "modern look" will be as good/modern as your grafics skills. It can be GREAT or "engineer - style" ;-)

I haven't used a large range of PLCs before, however one I have come across that you can include a web page style HMI as an option with the PLC is the Schweitzer Energy Labs RTAC.
The SEL RTAC is predominantly aimed at electrical power distribution applications.