What is the primary function of GE9HA's axial fuel staging (AFS)? When did it permitted to act? How does it work?

Really good question as it's not something that has historically been done in GE-design heavy duty gas turbines.

Since you seem to have access to lots of graphics and drawings you also probably have access to the Operation & Maintenance Manuals provided with the equipment, and in the system description for the fuel system (gas fuel system, probably) you should be able to find a brief description of the purpose of the axial fuel staging.

But, it seems the description of the AFS (Axial Fuel Staging) is trying to imply two of the reasons: a high firing temperature (Tfire, as it's called) AND improved turndown (the term for improving NOx emissions reduction at lower loads than would otherwise be possible).

Wherever you found that graphic you should probably also be able to find more about AFS.

However, GE is considering more and more of their designs to be proprietary and confidential and as such they are only releasing minimal, if any, information about the details of the design/system. This may be one of those designs/systems.

As for when it's permitted to act, you would need to examine the application code in the Mark* turbine control system.

Really good question as it's not something that has historically been done in GE-design heavy duty gas turbines.

Since you seem to have access to lots of graphics and drawings you also probably have access to the Operation & Maintenance Manuals provided with the equipment, and in the system description for the fuel system (gas fuel system, probably) you should be able to find a brief description of the purpose of the axial fuel staging.

But, it seems the description of the AFS (Axial Fuel Staging) is trying to imply two of the reasons: a high firing temperature (Tfire, as it's called) AND improved turndown (the term for improving NOx emissions reduction at lower loads than would otherwise be possible).

Wherever you found that graphic you should probably also be able to find more about AFS.

However, GE is considering more and more of their designs to be proprietary and confidential and as such they are only releasing minimal, if any, information about the details of the design/system. This may be one of those designs/systems.

As for when it's permitted to act, you would need to examine the application code in the Mark* turbine control system.
Dear WTF?

I appreciate your thoughtful response and your time. I haven't come over a thorough description yet. I understood your point. Still have a plenty of stuff need to be grasped by myself

Best Regard
EMAR