Soft Starter

F

Faisal Al-ghamdi

We are using 5 unit of AC Motor, Each have the follwoing Details:

1. Nominal Voltage: 6.3kV.
2. Rated Capacity: 990kW.
3. Rated Frequency: 60 Hz.

and it was connected Direct On Line (DOL). So, We need to use a softstarter for each one to reduce the starting current (Inruch I). By any method, but we like softstarter by frequency converter.

Regards...
Faisal Al-ghamdi

D

david mertens

The Simovert MV series inverters from siemens support motors from 660kVA up to 4000kVA with standard tension ratings of 2.3kV, 3.3kV, 4.16kV, 6kV and 6.6kV. Customised versions are possible I think. Contact your local siemens representative for more information.

D

David Gatson

All of your major Electrical people, AB, Siemens, Cutler-Hammer, Toshiba, ABB, to name a few, have Reliable Medium voltage Soft Start and VFDs. Flip a coin. Take your pick. Nowadays I know everyone has his or her favorites but it 6 of one, Half a dozen of the other. They're all reliable if you install them correctly for your application. It's your choice Ford, Chevy, BMW.....

D

DIOMER OLIVIER

C.V.G. Bauxilum of Venezuela, producing alumina company, require a recommendation on a model of soft starter for the motors of 4,16KV, 1150KW, 200A, current of starting of 1300A. This is with intention to modernize the equipment. We await an answer.

C

Clarke Clingenpeel

Siemens has introduced a new line of solid state reduced voltage starters, that could be used for your application.

Please feel free to contact me at 919-365-2558 for further details.

Regards,

Clarke Clingenpeel
Siemens MV Business Development Manager

Faisal Al-ghamdi,
MOTORTRONICS manufactures medium voltage soft starters. We offer starters from 1kv to 15kv with current ratings to 2000 amps, and complete starters with disconnects and fuseing or soft start only for use with exisiting across the line starters. These include the MVC3 PLUS DIGITAL controller/ motor protection relay as standard.
For more information E-MAIL me at: [email protected]
PHONE: 727-573-1900 ext. 5520
Regards,
Ed Case

You will need to ask the individual manufacturers to offer a comparrison and read them all. As you might expect, each one will be biased towards themselves, but if you assess them against each other you should be able to get a balanced view. Motortronics offers comparison spreadsheets to the other MV soft starters for instance, and many of the brands on the market today are actually brand-label agreements with Motortronics. That would be a good place to start. They are on the web although their website has yet to be updated for their latest products.

R

Rocío Caballero

Faisal I want to say you hello. I haven't found another method to do it. Your mail doesn't work, neither your mobile.

kisses.
Rocío.