MOOG valves

M

Martin

Is there anyone out there to let me know the difference between the MOOG brand servo valves with part numbers G771K200 and 771K200? We have the above two types of servo valves in our warehouse and we are confused on how to differentiate between the above two.

Try contacting Moog or one of their sales representatives. They would probably have the most definitive answer. This author has always found them to be helpful and easy to deal with.

When you get an answer from them, please share it with us! Thanks!

markvguy

Thank you very much once again to Markvguy for your prompt reply.

We had sent one mail to MOOG few days ago on the above subject but still there is no reply from them, I will definitely share the answer from them with everyone in the control web site.

Thanks,

Martin.

It has been this author's experience that replies to Corporate email "customer service" accounts are slow and generally of a less than informative nature.

A call to a local sales representative--who thinks he/she may have a chance at a future sale/sales opportunity if there's not already a relationship--usually results in a fairly quick and useful reply.

But Greg's response seems fairly conclusive based on their experience.

markvguy

R

Robin Enderby

The first letter of Moog valve part numbers used to show where the valve was built, e.g. E = English, D = German, A = USA, and so on. A couple of years ago they decided to produce a series of valves that had the same part number regardless of where they were made. 'G' stands for Global
There is every chance that your two valves are exactly the same. The 77 series were often used for turbine control, and the 'K' shows it is an 'intrinsically safe' (I.S.) version.

Regards, Robin Enderby - ex-Moog UK 26 years ago

E

EDDIE HARMON

The "G" means Global and could be made anywhere and without the G it was probably made in East Aurora NY, USA. There should be no difference in performance and parts are interchangeable. We stock and repair these. (http://www.ncservo.com. USA telephone 734 326 6666)

Good luck,
Eddie Harmon.