Ethernet IP Stepper

J

Jack

Hi All,

I'm working on a project that requires closed loop stepper control (3-axis)...customer has already resigned themselves to using AB CompactLogix PLC and Ethernet IP network.

My problem is that buying individual cards, plus drivers, plus motors (size 34 - 500 to 750 oz/in) blows my budget to pieces. I found this driver from AMCI ( http://www.amci.com/stepper-motor-control/stepper-motor-drive-indexer-ethernet-ip-sd17060e.asp ) but have never configured any controls via Ethernet IP. This 6.0 amp driver looks like a good fit (eliminating need for card), but I'm entering unchartered territory...can anyone comment?

Cheers,
Jack

W

William Gentry

If they are "resigned" to using AB for closed loop stepper, they don't have to. Our clipper card can do closed loop stepper control - four axes, with ethernet on board. Or also our BrickLV which includes the drives, control, and ethernet. We've got built in kinematics support, multi block lookahead, etc.

If you need more info contact me offline at [email protected]

Davis Gentry
Delta Tau Data Systems

Hi Davis,
Thanks for your reply, but I'm afraid my original post may have been
misleading...the customer has not resigned themselves to using AB's CompactLogix, so much as they've insisted.

In turn, I need to identify a 3-axes stepper solution that is compatible with AB's CompactLogix PLC & cost smart, which led me to AMCI's SD17060E.

Thanks again for your input.

-Jack

Hi Everyone,

Can anybody offer their opinion/experience using Stepper controls networked via Ethernet IP & Allen-Bradley PLCs? More specifically, can anyone offer experience/opinions using AMCI's SD17060E indexer/driver that I referenced in my first post?

Thanks in advance for your help!

-Jack