Frame 9E Lube Oil Tank

H

Hassan

Can some body guide me about the lowest lube oil tank level of 9E machine? I have seen the MLI 416 for this case but i found such thing 254,305,406 & 432 . Is 432 is the low level? I also see the device summery which gives 71Ql and 71QH for low and high level , but doesn't give the valve of the switch . Please guide me for the low level of lube oil tank

thanks
Hassan

GE has been changing their Piping Schematic (P&ID) drawings over the last few years, so the depictions aren't always the same.

On the drawings I'm familiar with, each measurement was associated with a specific level, such as 71QH-1, 71QL-1, Normal, etc. They were usually shown at one side or the other of the drawing, with dashed lines to the Level Indicator, etc., for the associations.

All measurements are made from the top of the tank to the top of the oil, meaning from the "underside" of the top of the tank. This should also be indicated on the drawing, as well as in the Notes on Sheet 1 of the drawing.

I don't have anything but an F-class L.O. Piping Schematic at this time, and it's woefully inadequate, showing only the Normal L.O. level (sad, but true).

There were also some other measurements usually shown on the drawings, such as the distances from the various pump suctions (which are usually at slightly different elevations). So, don't confuse those with the level indications.

I'm accustomed to seeing four or five indications on a drawing:

High Alarm
Full
Normal
Low and/or Low Alarm

Hope this helps! But, without being able to examine your drawing, it's really difficult to say what each level is associated with.

P

ProcessValue

Lube oil tank level

The figures that you have given here is the relative level from the top of the lube oil tank. i will show you a example so that you can understand better.

TOtal tank level : 860 mm
High alarm : (860 - 254) 606 mm
Full : (860 - 305) 555mm
Empty : (860 - 406.5) 453.5 mm
Low alarm : (860 - 432) 428 mm

so as you can see from here , the 77QH-1 which is the lube oil tank high level switch will get activated for a tank level of 606mm and the lube oil tank low level switch will get activated for 428 mm. the rest that you see , the high , full and empty are the local gauge indications.if you see the PID properly you will see that a gauge is indicated in the diagram with dotted lines taken from the different levels.

Hope this will clear your doubts regarding the lube oil tank level gauge

N

nayan.sharif

In my plant we are also installing GT frame 9e..LO P&ID shows three level i.e. HIGH, NORMAL and LOW. Values are 254,305 & 432 respectively. But I can't find the height of the tank in my P&ID. In your answer you said tank height is 800 mm. Is it same for all GT 9e LO tank design?

nayan.sharif,

Is it not possible to physically measure the distance from the bottom of the L.O. Tank to the underside (the bottom) of the top of the L.O. Tank?

GE Belfort have been changing a LOT of dimensions and practices that have been static for decades, so it's <b>NOT</b> safe to assume the dimension is the same for any recent produce of the Belfort facility.

I would also be very surprised if the dimensions on MLI 0416 (the L.O. P&ID) were <b>NOT</b> specific in that they are referenced to the underside (the bottom) of the top of the L.O. Tank. (Okay; not "very surprised"--after all, it is the Belfort Bunch we're talking about here; but I would be surprised if some reference point to the dimensions you referred to were not delineated somewhere on the drawing, possibly in the Notes (which most people don't ever read, but which have LOTS of good information--maybe even about VCK20-13.?.?.?)).

But, to eliminate all possible confusion the best thing to do in any case is to go out and measure the distance from the bottom of the L.O. Tank to the underside (the bottom) of the top of the L.O. Tank, and then there will be (almost) no doubt.

N

nayan.sharif

Dear CSA

thanks for ur reply. I have checked P&ID and there is no dimension for LO tank. I will measure it manually as per ur advice...:p..and there is nothing written in the notes about LO tank measurement (or VCK20-13!!!!!)

take care