Trip Log Display on Speedtronic Mark 5

D

DAMENE

On our Gas Turbine LM2500, equipped with Speedtronic Mark 5 system (RST) and HMI cimplicity 3.22, We have this problem:

The Trip Log display doesn't display all the parameters. only a few parameters.

On Maintenance Manual GEH-5980E, I tried to resolve the problem but no result
6-9. CUSTOMIZING THE TRIP LOG DISPLAY
6-9.1 The HIST_B.SRC File

Example of trip log display after a trip
;-----------
;
HIS_AGE ; THIS POINT MAY NOT BE DELETED.

TNH 100
FSR 89
L52GX -----
L14HR ----

The values are displayed only for 2 or 6 parameters but no values for others parameters

Please Need your Help

Hi Damene,

Can you provide your e-mail id, i may be able to share some documents with you.

Regards,
rabhi

Rabhi,

If you have information <b><i>to share with anyone</b></i>, please take the time to <b><i>share it here with everyone</b></i>. That's the purpose of these forums--to allow many people to benefit from the questions and problems of one person. Taking discussions off-line is not in keeping with the spirit of the forum.

By copy to Damene, can you please post the HIST_B.SRC file to this thread? (Just copy the contents of the file from Notepad to the Clipboard and then paste them into a Reply box. I would suggest there is something amiss with the contents of the file.

If not, then I would suggest using the EEPROM Downloader to download the HIST partition again to <C> and re-boot <C>.

Lastly, are you aware that the Trip Display function is triggered by the change of state of L4 from "1" to "0"? So, if you are attempting to download data while the unit is running, or when it's shut down, or after <C> has been rebooted when the unit is off-line, there won't be much, if any, data.

C
Example:<pre>
; Signal Name
; -----------
HIS_AGE ; THIS POINT MUST NOT BE DELETED.
DWATT
TNH
FSR
CTIM
CTDA
CPD
L52GX
L94X
L2TV
L28FDX
TTXD1_1
TTXD1_2
TTXD1_3
TTXD1_4
TTXD1_5
TTXD1_6
TTXD1_7
TTXD1_8
TTXD1_9
TTXD1_10
TTXD1_11
TTXD1_12
TTXD1_13
TTXD1_14
TTXD1_15
TTXD1_16
TTXD1_17
TTXD1_18
ttxsp1
ttxsp2
ttxsp3
ttxspl
l60sp1
l60sp2
l60sp3
l60sp4z
l60sp5
l60sp6
l30spt
; FQG
FSGR
FAGR
FSGP
FAGP
CSGV
CAGV
CSRBH
csbhx
TTRF1
FSRXX
fsgs
FAGS
FSGT
FAGT
fpg1
fpg2
BB1
BB2
BB3
BB4
BB5
BB10
BB11
BB12
;L4EX_SS</pre>
make sure all files are edited in a text editor NOT a word processing program which can add reveal codes that the Mark V cannot understand.

Damene,

> Is there a cards to replace on the Speedtronic Mark 5? to resolve this problem.

Odd you should ask this question. Is the <C> DCC/SDCC card annunciating a log of memory-related Diagnostic Alarms?

<C> likely gets this information via the DENET. Use the information in the Mark V Maintenance Manual, GEH-5980, to see which cards are used in <C> to connect to <Q>. Unless that card is also annunciating a lot of Diagnostic Alarms I would not think that could be the problem.

My best estimate is that if it's not a problem with the HIST_B.SRC file, or the HIST_B.AP1 file (the complied version of the .SRC file), then it's a problem with the memory in <C> that's not properly storing the data or not properly sending out the data when asked by the HMI. But I would still expect there to be related Diagnostic Alarms, and that includes Diagnostics on the LCC/SLCC card display.

Please write back to let us know what you find.

D
Dear CuriousOne,

I inform you that these files HIST_B.SRC and HIST_Q.SRC in UNIT1 are only edited in a text editor.

Your example is similar to our files.

Dear CSA,

Sorry if my question are not appropriate .

Is the <C> DCC/SDCC card annunciating a log of memory-related Diagnostic Alarms? NO.

I will search if really the problem is with the memory in <C>

If it will be this, then I can suggest that the problem is with cards.

I will write back to let you know what I will find.

Bests Regards

DAMENE,

The question was not inappropriate; it's just something I hadn't considered.

Actually, I've fallen into a very bad habit of not asking about Diagnostic Alarms. They really are helpful, and can be indicative of hardware--as well as software--problems. But, so many people have just learned to ignore them, likely because they are so bothersome and there's just no real good troubleshooting/help information available for them.

Which just leads to ignoring Process Alarms, which can be real trouble. I find most sites I visit or consult with just operate on a prayer--meaning that they just pretty much ignore all alarms until the unit trips. And, then because of the way GE fails to block subsequent trip alarms after a trip has occurred and because most people don't know how to read the Alarm Logger printout (or the Alarm Display) they don't even really know which alarm tripped the turbine. And, of course, most people believe that Diagnostic Alarms won't trip the turbine--which is only generally true.

When I ask about Diagnostic Alarms, either here on control.com, in an email, or on site I get no response. So, I've basically stopped asking--even though it's a really good learning experience when I find them on site and can use them for teaching good troubleshooting.

Oh well, sorry. I didn't mean to say you had asked an inappropriate question. I was just kind of thinking "out loud" in the response.

Please write back to let us know what you find!