Electro-flyte

R

R A Peterson

Anyone ever heard of a DC drive called an Electro-Flyte?

Is it manufactured by one of the many now defunct DC drive makers?

Electro-flyte was a division of the Black Clawson Co. from mid 60's to mid 80's. They built and serviced their own drives and systems and then later used some ABB equipment. Electro-flyte equipment is still serviced by the Harland-Simon
Co. of Baldwinsville, New York.

T

Terry Miller

Electro-Flyte was a small drivecompany that was bought by machine builder Black-Clawson back in the seventies. Their drive technology, similar to A-B's early DC, used field regen instead of armature regen, claim performance features for converting lines. I have been out of the converting industry for some time and don't know whether Black still supports the product. I have also heard recently that Black also has come on hard times but is still in business. They are are in upstate New York near Binghamton or Rochester.

A

Art Bourdeau

Black Clawson converting Machinery division is located in Fulton, NY, near Syracuse. They appear to be quite healthy! Their general number is: 315-598-7121
Hope this is of some help.

Regards,
Art Bourdeau
[email protected]
Web: www.bcsco.com
Phone: 518-765-3667
Fax: 518-765-4033
Mobil: 518-573-4745

The Company Harland Simon Controls, Inc. (a.k.a Electro-Flyte) filed for Chapter 11 in 1999. BOMAC an Engineering Company in Syracuse, NY purchased the Electro-Flyte design drawings and many of the Service/Engineering staff. I believe they are able to Repair/Service any Electro-Flyte drive. Their Tel is 315-433-9181. Trust this is helpful.

B
Thanks! I had lost contact for these folks since
Harland Simon closed. Very helpful!

> The Company Harland Simon Controls, Inc. (a.k.a Electro-Flyte) filed for Chapter 11 in 1999. BOMAC an Engineering Company in Syracuse, NY purchased the Electro-Flyte design drawings and many of the Service/Engineering staff. I believe they are able to Repair/Service any Electro-Flyte drive. Their Tel is 315-433-9181. Trust this is helpful.<