Help with timers/counters Fanuc 90-70 timers

I

Israel Cabrera

I'm wondering if there's a FANUC PLC expert around here who might want to help me to solve the mystery of why a 90-70 Fanuc PLC programmed with a 90-70 DOS ladder software does not want to start a timer...

Actually I have something like this..:
SubBlock - TIMERFUNC
|-[R1]--[R2]--[R3]-------------(%Q1)
|
|-[%Q1]--- _____--------------(%Q2)
|.........|.TMR.|
|.........|.1s..|
|...const |.....|
|.....+3..|PV.CV|-%L012
|......... -----
|......... %L011-addr
(seems that the editor will not allow to show the correct diagram)

The timer is inside a subblock of a main function block.. but.. when %Q1 turns on.. the timer simply doesn't start!! ??? why!?
I can assure this because the current value(CV) %L12 register simply never shows another value but = 0 .
I checked non repetitive use of %Q and %L.
I changed %Q for %M and %L for %R registers and nothing.. also tryed with different types of timers/counters and also nothing...

Can somebody please give me new ideas? probably taking timers out into the main loop block??
HELP!

thanks
gatuus

J

jim thompson

A timer in GE FANUC needs 4 open registers if your timers address is %r0011 then you need %R11, 12,13,14 to be dedicated to the timer and not used somewhere else...try that and let me know!!

Putting a timer in a sub block shouldn't be a problem...try that and i'll keep thinking !!

J

jim thompson

I'd be interested to know if that worked?
Was it a register issue or what did you find.

Thanks jim

Hi Jim, everyone.

I solved this problem today.
The fact is that I needed to read more in depth the PLC Fanuc manual.
The error was in the subblock as I've already suspected.
For every timer/counter that you add in your programs, you need to assure that the program will allways read the block/subblock/funtion in every sweep it makes. In other words.. if you put a timer in a subblock that the program will access if only certain conditions are fulfilled then the timer/counter will never work.

And that's it..
thank you =)
gatuus