Hilscher Profibus To Modbus Interface

O

Okan Benli

Hi,
I have PKV 30-DPS product as an interface of Profibus to Modbus. I have never used it before. And it is said that there is point limitation in it. That is, we can not implement points (OR modbus tables)as many as we want. Only 2500 points for example. Is there anyone who knows something about thins problem? If there is a problem like that may anyone recommend an alternative product as Profibus Modbus interface.

Thanks,

T

Tobias Klebert

Hi,
There are some limitations to the PKV 30-DPS. A Profibus telegram can have up to 244 input bytes and 244 output bytes. The sum of both input and output data must not exceed 368 bytes for the PKV 30-DPS. However, the PKV 30 can hold 4000 byte input data and 4000 output data in total. These data are accessible through an optional handshake function. Also, configured as master the PKV 30 can have up to 300 different messages to be sent to Modbus slave devices.

Tobias Klebert
Hilscher North America Inc.
= = = = = = = = = = = = =

We tried this device on a large PCS7 installation and was never able to get it to work.

We used the Siemens CP341 as a Modbus Master. It required some programming in Step7 but worked very well.

Hi,

I have a PKV 30 DPS but i can´t communicate with COMPRO because i need the CPRUN,BAT file. who have the parameter of this device? Do you have this file?

Thanks,