How to Measure the PWM of the motor

S

Satish

Dear Sirs,
I was looking for some expert advise on this subject matter, hope you would be of help:
----I have a 24v DC motor which runs a chssis base from say Point 0 to point 100. During this movement from 0 to 100, the motor goes from no load to a load (may be full or partial) state say, 2 to 3 times. During this movement from 0 to 100, I am interested to measure the PWM of the motor (may be in terms of %age) .
Kindly let me know how to find this???
Is there any std. PWM measuring device or any such thing that I could fix to find the PWM or is there any calculation that i could find the motor PWM from measured current of the motor..
I have seen almost similar system whereby once the motor travells a predefined distance, the PWM of the motor can be read on a PC screen as 20 or 30. I couldn't see any special devices or meter attached to the system....
Pls advise or divert this mail to the right person for advise...
Thanks
Best Regards
Satish

M

Michael Griffin

Are you trying to monitor the PWM controlled output of a servo drive powering the motor, or are you trying to count the number of commutations of a DC brushed motor as it rotates? Although you are stating "PWM", you are relating
this to the distance the motor has travelled. I find your explanation confusing. Can you please clarify your question?

Michael Griffin
London, Ont. Canada

Dear Satish,

If you are looking for a device to measure PWM current, you may try http://www.pribusin.com (they have an office in Canada) to see their line of products, then talk to an insider.

Best Regards
Leo M. Kotlar