I don't know if the capacitance of a capacitor is large, the capacitor will discharge with a larger current than other capacitors with the same voltag

I don't know if the capacitance of a capacitor is large, the capacitor will discharge with a larger current than other capacitors with the same voltage but smaller capacitance, right?

leVanw...
Welcome to Control Automation!
If you are speaking of an RC circuit the current discharge rate is not proportional to capacitor size. However the circuit's time-constant, RxC, is used in an exponential decay calculation for current discharge!
Let us know If you need additional info!
Regards, Phil Corso
[email protected]

leVanw...
Welcome to Control Automation!
If you are speaking of an RC circuit the current discharge rate is not proportional to capacitor size. However the circuit's time-constant, RxC, is used in an exponential decay calculation for current discharge!
Let us know If you need additional info!
Regards, Phil Corso
[email protected]
I want to ask, is the maximum current of a capacitor with a large capacitance greater than capacitors with the same voltage but smaller capacitance?

LeVanw...
To be clear I assumed by "Current" you meant that capacitors charged at Voltage "E" are discharged by providing a conducting-path between its terminals! That path can be a resistor, inductor, even shorting it! If so, then the answer to your question is "YES"!
Phil

LeVanw...
To be clear I assumed by "Current" you meant that capacitors charged at Voltage "E" are discharged by providing a conducting-path between its terminals! That path can be a resistor, inductor, even shorting it! If so, then the answer to your question is "YES"!
Phil
So the capacitance of a capacitor affects the maximum current discharged from the capacitor, right?

Indeed the discussion is incomplete with out I(t), thats why the rest of the circuit including, if necessary the internal resistance of the capacitor in the case of high farad capacitors, is needed for a meaningful anwer...

For a comparison of two similar capacitors in the same service, the answer is Inew/Iorig= Cnew/Corig to first order in DC, and exact in AC.