Obsolete SCADA software?

M

Melinda

Thanks in advance for anyone who is able to help me flesh this out. I recently learned that FactoryLink is considered Mature, and will no longer be offering support after 2012.

What other SCADA is out there like this? Software that isn't going to be around much longer, or is already obsolete...

Boy,

obsolete SCADA. That could be a long list. Here are some contributions.

1) Any program by Leeds & Northrup (MicroMax comes to mind)

2) Monarch Data-Chart Companion

3) Honeywell qualifiers:
a) Any program using Honeywell's proprietary DMCS protocol
b) LPCS
c) Progeny SDA, Progeny SCF, both inherited by Honeywell from L&N
d) Trendview V4, Trendview V5
e) PlantScape Vista, all releases up to and including R400
f) HWIOPC Server (OPC server)

A

Andy Nesbitt

It depends on the application, of course. The 'natural' upgrade path is to WinCC, as FL has been procured by Siemens and I'm sure your Siemens sales rep will help you with that. Also, in my humble opinion, WinCC is best placed to handle the size of systems that FL could deal with as well (top end tag counts, multiple servers etc.).

I'm currently replacing aging large-scale FL systems with WinCC and once I got over the culture shock it's gone very well.

J

Jeremy Pollard

Why if I amy ask, are you concerned?? Are you adding changing etc.. software support from Factorylink means what??

VMPlayer allows you to run XP in a virtual machine under Windows 7 so no worries there:) the hardware runtime protection may be an issue tho...haven't tested that stuff.

I wouldn't be too concerned that support is going away.. how many times have you called them in the last 5 years:)

Cheers from :
Jeremy Pollard, CET The Caring Canuckian!
www[.]tsuonline[.]com
Control Design www[.]controldesignmag[.]com
Manufacturing Automation www[.]automationmag[.]com
3 Red Pine Court, RR# 2 Shanty Bay, Ontario L0L 2L0

I think you should research into PcVue Solutions. http://www.arcinfo.com/ They were the editor for Client Builder of FactoryLink. But they have continue to develop and improve their product unlike FactoryLink. They have a tool that will convert 70% of your Factorylink application. It is superior to WinCC's migration path. If you have been using FactoryLink 7.0 or above you have been using PcVue.