Proficy Historian Error -32 (Operation not Permitted)

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with Proficy Historian 2022 when adding tags from collector with error -32 (Operation not Permitted).
I checked everything but same issue, I create a simulation collector to add tag but same issue.
I tried to add tags from Web Configuration Hub and got (Insufficient permissions to perform the operation) and in the logfiles same error -32.
I use Admin session who has all privileges (ih.admin, ih.collector....)
I found nothing about this Error -32 just "Operation not Permitted"
Is there any other parameter i messed?
I tried Historian 7.2 and it works perfect but not 2022.

Please any suggestions to help me because I am stucked.

Thank you
Dino

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with Proficy Historian 2022 when adding tags from collector with error -32 (Operation not Permitted).
I checked everything but same issue, I create a simulation collector to add tag but same issue.
I tried to add tags from Web Configuration Hub and got (Insufficient permissions to perform the operation) and in the logfiles same error -32.
I use Admin session who has all privileges (ih.admin, ih.collector....)
I found nothing about this Error -32 just "Operation not Permitted"
Is there any other parameter i messed?
I tried Historian 7.2 and it works perfect but not 2022.

Please any suggestions to help me because I am stucked.

Thank you
Dino
Hi

Are the collectors in running status?

Also if I remember correctly you should put a "*" for getting tags in the asked window for tags..

@ControlsGuy25

Hi

Are the collectors in running status?

Also if I remember correctly you should put a "*" for getting tags in the asked window for tags..

@ControlsGuy25
Hi,

Thank you for your response.
The collectors are working properly. For test i used Simulation collector to confirm but same issue.
When I search for tags I have the tag list displayed but when I want to add the tag I receive an error. On the log file the error is -32 (operation not permitted)

Hi

Thank you for the update

I have never seen that error message

Would ne better to uninstall and reinstall Proficy Historian

Do you have the iso file ...

James
Hi James,
it's very strange, I installed on windows 10, windows 11 and same issue.
I tried 2023 version... same issue.
I installed as administrator Historian then collector then web configuration hub as the procedure tells but same issue.
I installed, un installed, reinstalled, clean os installation many times on vm and same issue.

I did not understand what is the issue.
any help because I am stucked.

Dino

Hi Dinoo31

The last Proficy Historian which I worked on was runing under Windows 19, and it worked very well.

Maybe you can try to run Proficy Historian on windows 19 see how things works

Did you try to get from GE an assitance on that issue (error 32 operation not permitted)

Regards,
James

Hi Dinoo31

The last Proficy Historian which I worked on was runing under Windows 19, and it worked very well.

Maybe you can try to run Proficy Historian on windows 19 see how things works

Did you try to get from GE an assitance on that issue (error 32 operation not permitted)

Regards,
James
Hi James,

Problem resolved, it was a license problem...,GE has replaced the license and it works now.
I never suspected that the issue was the license.
Thank you very much James for your help.

Regards,
Dino

Hi Dino

Thank you for the update

I was also thinking of license issue that's why i asked to reinstall Proficy Historian from zero

Anyway all is good now

Stay blessed
James