Sensor with frequency domain output

Hi All, I'm new to the forum and excited to be here.

I want to develop a control system where the plant is a musical tone and the control error would be the difference between the frequency set point and the measured frequency. Imagine a rotary actuator on a guitar tuning knob. What I'm looking for is sensor system that can quickly (over a second or two, max) evaluate time domain input (may be an accelerometer or a microphone, for instance) and provide a spectral output signal for control. I think a max of a PSD or FFT vector may suffice over a band of 60-5000hz. This is a private enterprise, so cost of detail such as the sensor, A to D, and the circuit that can do the signal processing is a factor to minimize, for now. This system also needs to be small. I'm hoping there's a black box out there that I can either condition accel or mic input that will do my signal processing over my band in real time with little delay. I suspect that I may need to look at the spectrum and ensure the harmonics aren't a problem, so some kind of external interface may be needed.

I'm not a professional controls engineer and I hope this is an entirely uninteresting and easily solved question to this elite community. I look forward to your response.

You'll need to start laying out your system bloch diagram and detailing the design requirements of each component, good luck.
Sounds like a years worth of effort on your part.