Synchronizing Date and Time with S7-300 PLC

V

Vojko Cendak

I'm using one S7-315-2DP PLC. There are two OPs connected through DP port. I use OP170B COLOR and OP7 panel. I have a problem to get panels to use PLC's DateTime for alarms, events and trends. I already use function Read_Clk (SFC1), but it's not working properly. Can anybody help me please?

Thank you,

Vojko

D

Donald Pittendrigh

Did you set the clock on the CPU at any time, if not then it isn't running, you can set it with your programmer and then try again.

Regards
Donald P

B
Hello,

Last year I did a job where I had to synchronize the S7 internal real time clock with iFix/SCADA PC system time. Also the actual time is used for comparition with the Preset table to switch Heaters ON and OFF. If You send me Your e-mail I can send You a copy of this part of programm?

reagrds

Bernd Bauer
[email protected]

T
Hi,
I already wrote some programs for synchronising OP7's an 300-CPU's

First you have to read date and time of the CPU and store it in a DB.

Then you can use PLC job 14 to send the time, which is stored in the previously mentioned DB, to the OP.

After that, you can use PLC job 15 to send the time which is also stored in the previously mentioned DB to the OP.
In both OP's you wil have to make an interface area pointer, which is necessary for the usage of PLC jobs.

More information about PLC jobs and interface area's can be found in the "Simatic HMI
Communication User's Manual".
This manual is free to download at the Siemens Automation support site.

Tom