water height sensor

A

Afshin Samadi

I'm an electrical engieering student in BU_ALI SINA Universiy ,Hamadan ,Iran.I have an industrial control course this year and our teacher asked us to model the hot watter tank with practicable instrumentation and I work on height sensor subject and looking for height sensors which have specfication like easy for modeling ,fast dynamic respone,easy for converting to electric voltage and not expensive to buy,thanks.

A

Alejandro Sanchez

To measure the water level in a tank you can use a water column, same height of the tank in communicating vessel arrangement.
If you need to measure just add a suitable ruler.

You can find a transmitter to convert the water pressure of the column to 4-20mA output that can be read with any microprocessor based digital indicator that accepts such a signal (e.g.-FUJI PXV3-BAY1 indicating controller), about dls $160.00 plus shipping from http://www.ttiglobal.com

Good luck.

R

Rudi Frederix

Hi there,

There are certain things you need to take in account. First of all you are talking about a hot water tank, is there any water fog in the tank? If not, you could use a simple ultrasonic gauging device (Emerson, Endress&Hauser, Vega, ect). If there are any problems with the fog then I suggest that you use a rather expensive Radar measurement. If this is too expensive you could always use a pressure transmitter, where the pressure is a measure for the height. All of this can be used unless your tank is cylindric. Otherwise you need to purchase a transmitter which has to ability to include strapping tables. If you should need more information, feel free to contact me by e-mail.

Best regards

Rudi Frederix
[email protected]