when a motor gets tripped in abb automation system

• Thread starter santosh kumar patro
  • Start date
S

santosh kumar patro

sir,i am new to this field.we have the ABB automation system. plz sir help me to know what are the steps i have to take in operating station, dcs panel, field when a motor gets tripped. its tripping is indicated as a red colour indication.

plz explain me the details regarding what are the steps that have to taken when a motor gets tripped in abb automation system.

M
Your supplier should be giving you the appropriate training to deal with these issues.

Also, an operator should not be concerned with a tripping motor - that is a job for your maintenance personell.

Are you using 800xa ABB DCS? If so, then the tripped motor should be in alarm. There will be a faceplate for the alarm, and it will have a red triangle shape (if I remember correctly) in the top right to indicate it's in alarm.

I should imagine the alarm will have to acknowledged before the trip condition is cleared.

It sounds like you need training from your supplier.

Regards

Mark Wills MSc, MIAP
http://www.markwills.co.uk

The motor is tripping when it starts or after it has been running a while???? This makes a difference to what you need to do.

Answer this & I'll help you further.