Abdelaziz, Ahmed (June 2014)
- Identified numerous typographical errors throughout the book, mostly repeated repeated words.
Ames, Ben (January 2015)
- Identified typographical error in the Problem-Solving and Diagnostic Strategies chapter.
Balbaa, Amr (May 2015)
- Identified mathematical error in the Continuous Fluid Flow Measurement chapter.
Barton, Bruce (January 2015, March 2015, April 2015)
- Identified typographical errors in the Discrete Control Elements chapter regarding solenoid valve construction, in the Process Dynamics and PID Controller Tuning chapter, and also in the Digital Data Acquisition and Networks chapter.
Brierly, Ryan (April 2016)
- Identified typographical error in the Physics chapter regarding transition points between laminar and turbulent flow regimes.
Brown, Kevin (February 2011)
- Identified typographical error in the Control Valves chapter.
Bultsma, Brent (September 2011-June 2012)
- Identified multiple typographical errors throughout the book.
Chong, Yi-Vonne (August 2017)
- Identified typographical error in a protective relay wiring diagram.
Douglas, Jon (Spring 2017)
- Suggested the inclusion of self-purged impulse lines to the book and provided documentation of this practice from industry.
Edwards, William (February 2013)
- Identified error in the Calculus chapter, where \(\Delta t\) was confused with \(\Delta m\).
Esher, Cynthia A. (December 2009)
- Identified error of referring to “SAMA” diagrams. I changed these references to “functional” diagrams instead (Instrumentation Documents chapter).
Floyd, Wade (November 2015)
- Identified an error the distance between Earth and the sun Chemistry chapter: the distance is 93 million miles, not 93 billion miles as I originally had it.
Gassman, Jessica (February 2013)
- Suggested clarification in the Closed-Loop Control chapter regarding the auto/manual transfer of pneumatic controllers.
Glundberg, Blake (February 2011, April 2011)
- Identified typographical errors (Control Valves chapter, Digital Data Acquisition and Networks chapter).
Ireland, Chandler (February 2015)
- Identified typographical error (Closed-Loop Control chapter).
Joe, Savio (February 2013)
- Identified typographical error (Instrument Connections chapter).
Ketteridge, Tim and Dieckman, Lloyd (April 2013)
- Identified conceptual errors in the IP and TCP sections of the Digital Data Acquisition and Network chapter. The task of portioning large data blocks into segments and packets is the job of TCP (or Application-layer protocols), not IP. IP does, however, support fragmentation of large packets into smaller packets and reassembly into large packets again if needed for communication along network types that cannot support large packet sizes. I had these concepts conflated.
Ketteridge, Tim (December 2013)
- Identified an error in measurement units for the Ideal Gas Law (\(PV = NkT\)). When using this form of the Ideal Gas Law, \(P\) needs to be in units of Pascals (not atmospheres), and \(V\) needs to be in units of cubic meters (not liters).
Marques, Tiago (July 2012)
- Identified lack of origin lines in linear graphs where 4-20 mA signals are related to practical measurement ranges (Analog Electronic Instrumentation chapter).
Morgan, Clayton (August 2018)
- Identified typographical error in the (Continuous Pressure Measurement chapter).
Mhyre, Phil (January 2012)
- Identified spelling error on the word “desiccant” (Discrete Control Elements chapter).
Nobiling, David (July 2016)
- Identified typographical error in the (Digital data acquisition and networks chapter), where the terms “PLC” and “VFD” were interchanged.
Pulido, Alberto (May 2012)
- Identified conceptual error regarding Fieldbus terminator resistor packages (FOUNDATION Fieldbus Instrumentation chapter).
Sangani, Champa (September 2009) and Brainard, Ben (January 2012)
- Identified calculation error in milliamp-to-pH scaling problem (Analog Electronic Instrumentation chapter).
Saxton, Trevor (August 2015)
- Identified mathematical errors in the “Phasor Arithmetic” section of the (AC Electricity chapter).
Schultz, Steven (February 2011)
- Identified error in a pilot-loaded pressure regulator design depicted in the Control Valves chapter.
Sloan, Wyatt (October 2012)
- Identified typographical error in the Continuous Temperature Measurement chapter. Later (January 2013) identified multiple places where the word “identify” was used instead of “identity.”
Sobczak, Jacek (October 2015)
- Identified missing files in the .tar archive, suggested changes to the LaTeX source code producing better page numbering in the book’s table of contents, and identified broken links on the website.
Thompson, Brice (June 2009)
- Identified errors in high/low select and high/low limit function illustrations (Basic Process Control Strategies chapter).
TooToonchy, Hossein (June 2014)
- Identified typographical errors in the (FOUNDATION Fieldbus Instrumentation chapter).
Tsiporenko, Michael (June 2009)
- Identified typographical error in the Introduction to Industrial Instrumentation chapter.
Upham, Jaime (October 2018)
- Identified typographical error in the Continuous Level Measurement chapter.
Villajulca, Jose Carlos (August 2011)
- Identified error in PID tuning response for a “generic” simulated process in the Process Dynamics and PID Controller Tuning chapter.
Wingerter, John (January 2017)
- Identified an oversight in explaining safety considerations during control valve disassembly, in the Disassembly of a Sliding-Stem Control Valve appendix.
Young, Jeanne (April-May 2012)
- Identified errors in proximity switch wire color codes and suggested correction in the Programmable Logic Controllers chapter.
- Identified pattern inconsistent with industry convention in motor control circuit schematic diagrams within the Discrete Control Elements chapter.
Ziels, Matt (October 2018)
- Suggested adding lock-out/tag-out procedure to transmitter manifold valves.