OPC Item Browser Error

E

Edgar

Hello,

I have Created a Client ActiveX Control in visual basic but what i'm trying to do is Browse for Item and show them in a Treeview Control or browse for all the items at ones and at them to a list. But i keep getting an error while i'm building the list of items. the only thing i need to browse for the items to select the tag name for the ActiveX Can Connect to...

Thanks guys any help will be gratefully appreciated...

Yes I check those Site out but what I don't like is that those ActiveX Views. “The way they look” are setup the way the manufacturer want it. I have created a .dll browser with the free automation wrapper from Northern Dynamics @ http://www.nordyn.com/. and it came out pretty good. it is almost Codeless, just for a few properties that need to set you add the controls like button, TreeView, ListView, and imagelist all straight from VB6 environment as you like with your own images for the listView, Treeview, etc. and able to Test the Item Connectivity before you can add it to your ActiveX Control. also you can Sync Write only “For test Purpose” and get Server Property from the Connected Server etc. is fully Customizable.

To use the dll you just add the reference like a usual dll, make a property page in vb6 for you ActiveX use the AddItem Event to set the OPCServer and Item Name for your AvtiveX to Connect and you’re Done...

Anyway Thanks Guys for the input on those Sites, I’m always experimenting with new stuff...