Alstom MC15 M2 Excitation system

Hello guys,

I am working on MC15-M2 excitation system and I want to understand that in manual mode how to control the load for example we have to perform a test in which we start at 5 MW with other Generators running and then go in steps for further loading till full load so can we do this in Manual mode or it is only to be done in AVR mode.I could not find this in manual

Hello guys,

I am working on MC15-M2 excitation system and I want to understand that in manual mode how to control the load for example we have to perform a test in which we start at 5 MW with other Generators running and then go in steps for further loading till full load so can we do this in Manual mode or it is only to be done in AVR mode.I could not find this in manual
Hello

AVR /EXCITATION system are not dedicated to control the load

What kind of governor system installed ?

Actually I am not working on the turbine I am only working on the alternator side but I need to start at 5 MW and then increase load in steps to check the stability of the AVR

Hello

AVR /EXCITATION system are not dedicated to control the load

What kind of governor system installed ?

Hi Yes I agree - Thank you for the clarification Active power which is measured in MW is basically coming from the turbine once the Generator is syncronised with the network then the more we increase the speed of the turbine in the isochronous mode the more load is taken by the Generator

In Droop Mode the Generator is sharing equally as per the requirement - as expected from it but if for testing purpose if a generator need to be run at Maximum load then the mode need to be switched to isochronous mode

Before syncronization increasing the excitation will increase the Voltage but once syncronised increasing the excitation will increase the reactive Power which is the Mvars

However in the excitation module there is pots to adjust the maximum excitation and it is recomended that this has to be adjusted on full load and should be kept at 103% Can you help me understand this - I can attach the user manual if required Thank you

Hi

Thank you for these datas

Looks like you get "stucked " with RV3 Pot how to adjust it ? even manual describe how to do so

Synchronise the generator using the manual raise/lower controls and then
gradually apply load up to full rated load and power factor. The excitation
should be raised to maintain nominal generator volts firstly by using the manual
raise control until the maximum setting is reached (as indicated by the bar graph
display), and then by carefully adjusting the maximum limit control RV3.
For the final setting of RV3 it is normally recommended to set it to give an
excitation limit at 103% of the rated load at rated P.F. After setting RV3 reduce
the excitation using the manual lower control, to prevent continuous overloading.
If 103% rated load is not available then the RV3 setting can be increased pro
rata beyond the available load setting, after shutting down, to give an
approximate setting.
If the required maximum excitation cannot be achieved with RV3 fully clockwise
and the bargraph is at maximum, check for the correct number of primary turns
hand wound on the current feedback C.T., refer to the contract connection
diagram and/or the circuit diagram RE3/K10963.

The excitation will control the reactive power so in this adjustment we have to check if the reactive power is limited at some point ??
You have to set up Excitation Min Max limit with these Potentiometers..

Generator capabilities curves and excitation limits can be yes checked during Var regulation