How can I add a slave to sensor with Modscan

Hello everyone, I am new in modbus and I have been making a daisy chain in modbus RS 485, I have a sensor that I can't configure the salve because doesn't have screen.
I would like to know that is possible add the slave whit Modscan?. And how can I add the salve whit Modscan?
thank so much.

What is the vendor and model of the sensor? Do you have a users manual, communication manual, or similar?

There are 3 typical ways a Modbus slave device is configured
  1. Using a display and menu system built into the product
  2. Using a proprietary software tool provided by the vendor on your computer and connecting to the device via USB, serial, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc.
  3. Over the Modbus network itself by writing to specific registers (the vendor's documentation should include a Modbus register list for the device)

What is the vendor and model of the sensor? Do you have a users manual, communication manual, or similar?

There are 3 typical ways a Modbus slave device is configured
  1. Using a display and menu system built into the product
  2. Using a proprietary software tool provided by the vendor on your computer and connecting to the device via USB, serial, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc.
  3. Over the Modbus network itself by writing to specific registers (the vendor's documentation should include a Modbus register list for the device)
Hello, thanks so much Jshulze.
Yes I have de manual both the problem that I have is that I can't download the drive that explain in the file, and I was founding how can I add slave whit other kind of software like modscam.
Thanks for help me.

Attachments

According to the manual, it seems you must have a Modbus master, such as ModScan (in conjuction with a standard USB to RS-485 adapter or optionally VP Instrument's proprietary USB cable), to configure the communication settings on the sensor.

Its default communication settings are as follows:
Screenshot_20230909_115315.jpg

To configure the settings, you must write to registers 1536 - 1538:
Screenshot_20230909_115549.jpg
Note that the sensor supports only write function code 0x10 (16 in decimal), which is write multiple registers, so you may need to use the Preset Multiple Registers option from the top menu in ModScan (sorry I don't have a computer with ModScan at the moment, so I don't know the exact menu selections). I believe Modscan may also have an option somewhere to use function code 16 by default for writes instead of function code 6, so that you can write to the registers simply by double clicking the values and entering a new value.

According to the manual, it seems you must a Modbus master, such as ModScan (in conjuction with a standard USB to RS-485 adapter or optionally VP Instrument's proprietary USB cable), to configure the communication settings on the sensor.

Its default communication settings are as follows:
View attachment 3363

To configure the settings, you must write to registers 1536 - 1538:
View attachment 3364
Note that the sensor supports only write function code 0x10 (16 in decimal), which is write multiple registers, so you may need to use the Preset Multiple Registers option from the top menu in ModScan (sorry I don't have a computer with ModScan at the moment, so I don't know the exact menu selections). I believe Modscan may also have an option somewhere to use function code 16 by default for writes instead of function code 6, so that you can write to the registers simply by double clicking the values and entering a new value.
Thanks so much Jshulze .

Modscan:
Check the box to force the use of FC16 when FC06 is not available:
Connection > Connect > Connection Details > Protocol Selections
00 Setup - protocol Selections.JPG

To Write values with FC16:

Setup > Extended > Preset Regs

01 Setup - Extended - Preset Regs - FC16 -.JPG

16: Preset Multiple Registers:
Enter the starting register number (decimal) and the total number of registers

02 16 Preset Multiple Registers.JPG

Enter the value for each register (examples only, pick what your app needs)

03 41536 through 41539 register values.JPG

Modscan:
Check the box to force the use of FC16 when FC06 is not available:
Connection > Connect > Connection Details > Protocol Selections
View attachment 3369

To Write values with FC16:

Setup > Extended > Preset Regs

View attachment 3370

16: Preset Multiple Registers:
Enter the starting register number (decimal) and the total number of registers

View attachment 3371

Enter the value for each register (examples only, pick what your app needs)

View attachment 3372
Thanks so much David.