Series 6 PLC plus to Honeywell Experion

R

Russell Hammond

I am trying to figure out the addressing scheme between GE/Fanuc Series 6 PLC+ so that I can get Honeywell Experion to access the data. Does anyone have any experience with doing this?

S

Steve Bailey

What protocol does the Honeywell unit support? The Series Six can use either CCM or RTU.

Presumably there is a Communications Control Module in the fifthe slot to the right of the power supply in the CPU rack. The port parameters are set by dipswitches on the module.

Inputs and outputs are numbered from 1 to 1024. Data registers are numbered from 1 to the maximum. The maximum is determined by the Logic Memory module.

Contact me at [email protected] if you need more information.

R

Russell Hammond

We are connecting to the top port on a CCM card in the 7th slot in the secondary rack of our PLC. The dip switches are set to speak on RS232 at 19600 bps. Using pins 2, 3 and 7 in our cable (and reversing 2 and 3 on the Experion end), we are plugging into a Honeywell Serial Interface Module. The signal is converted through this SIM module into an RJ45 which plugs directly into the Experion system communications module in the I/O rack.

From what I have gathered from GE/Fanuc that we are using RTU. From my understanding, RTU is a form of modbus. Is this correct?

In any event. With nothing plugged into the CCM card, all of the lights are on solid except 1. I think this one is the comm light and it is flashing. On all our other CCM cards (we have 3 in the primary rack talking to Metra 1010bt operator interfaces) the receive and transmit light go out as soon as you unplug the cable that goes to the Metras... It seems to me that the Experion CCM card is functioning properly.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.

What protocol does the Honeywell unit support? The Series Six can use either CCM or RTU.

Presumably there is a Communications Control Module in the fifthe slot to the right of the power supply in the CPU rack. The port parameters are set by dipswitches on the module.

Inputs and outputs are numbered from 1 to 1024. Data registers are numbered from 1 to the maximum. The maximum is determined by the Logic Memory module.

Contact me at [email protected] if you need more information.
Hi Steve,
I am working for a customer in USA where customer has General Electric Series Six Controller. My requirement is to read the ADDRESSES resides inside the controller.

Currently, there is a CCM2 card installed in the rack where a Series 9 DBPIN cable is connected to Third ABB bailey DCS via parallel port. There is an extensive C program written and running in bailey Controller to speed up the address read write.

We as Honeywell replacing the Bailey Control and Customer would like us to communicate with Series 6 Controller.

Please guide us how we can read the addresses here, preference is if GE can replace/insert a new MODBUS RTU card in the card. We can read the Modbus RTU or TCP directly.

We are connecting to the top port on a CCM card in the 7th slot in the secondary rack of our PLC. The dip switches are set to speak on RS232 at 19600 bps. Using pins 2, 3 and 7 in our cable (and reversing 2 and 3 on the Experion end), we are plugging into a Honeywell Serial Interface Module. The signal is converted through this SIM module into an RJ45 which plugs directly into the Experion system communications module in the I/O rack.

From what I have gathered from GE/Fanuc that we are using RTU. From my understanding, RTU is a form of modbus. Is this correct?

In any event. With nothing plugged into the CCM card, all of the lights are on solid except 1. I think this one is the comm light and it is flashing. On all our other CCM cards (we have 3 in the primary rack talking to Metra 1010bt operator interfaces) the receive and transmit light go out as soon as you unplug the cable that goes to the Metras... It seems to me that the Experion CCM card is functioning properly.

Any assistance with this is greatly appreciated.
Hi Russel,
Please help to understand how to communicate with GE Series 6 PLC with CMM2 card installed with Honeywell DCS

Last I heard, Steve Bailey had retired 5-6 years ago. I don’t know if he monitors this forum any longer.

Please check your messages on this forum.