Honeywell XL500 Controller with issues

B

Brian Edwards

Our job was supposed to be simple... reverse engineer a Honeywell XL500 Controller so customer would have software for future changes.

Well... to make a very long story short, it's not easy.
Writing the program with CARE was the easy part. However, we cannot get the LON expansion modules to autobind to the XL500. The controller is at Ver 2.03.05 so manual binding in CARE 4.0 is not possible.

After 4 days of trying every thing in the 800 page manual, we have exhausted our expertise. Any thoughts you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated in Philly,
Brian Edwards

It seems you have tried everything that care can do. So have you thought of maybe use a 3. party software like LonMaker to make the bindings? I had to give up care as a binding tool, and started to use LonMaker.

Sir,

I am working in Honeywell automation india ltd, chennai, India.

Normally CBUS voltage of XL500 OR XL100 is less then .5 voltage. But in my one of the sites i am getting Cbus voltage as 5.68 so that it is affecting all other controllers in the cbus communication. As i concerned with this to my senior engineer they suggested only replacing of CPU 5010C of XL 500 controller.

Pls suggest me any solution with out replacing any controller or CPU.

pls do needful at the earliest.

Regards,
pandian.l

Our job was supposed to be simple... reverse engineer a Honeywell XL500 Controller so customer would have software for future changes.

Well... to make a very long story short, it's not easy.
Writing the program with CARE was the easy part. However, we cannot get the LON expansion modules to autobind to the XL500. The controller is at Ver 2.03.05 so manual binding in CARE 4.0 is not possible.

After 4 days of trying every thing in the 800 page manual, we have exhausted our expertise. Any thoughts you may have would be greatly appreciated.

Frustrated in Philly,
Brian Edwards
Hey huge question I know it’s 16 years later this is the only thing I found on the Honeywell XL500 at all … do you know what connector I can get to log into one i have one for a customer still and we can’t change setpoints or anything it sees it and has them as values but I can not change anything only view it and I was told I need the care program to do it and I don’t know what connector it is anything helps a million … Thank you