ABB B2600 Operating Station

A

Amr Hany

Hi,

i have a redundant MB300 Network consisting of 12 Operating Stations (with RTA Boards PU515A) and 2 Ac450 Controller and 1 SafeGuard 400 Controller. The Operating Station are B2600 with HP-UX 10.20 and ABB Advacommand 1.8.6.

So the problem is in one Operating Station which needs to be restarted every 3 days due slow response time in changing the Pages. so I used the TOP command to see which process is consuming the Load of the CPU. i found that "OS" Process with PID = 2273 is the highest one and its percentage is increasing Day after Day. i know that the "OS" is the HMI of the Operating Station. so what can i do solve the Problem?

Hi,

Is this OS collecting alarms and events? One common cause for the Operating Stations being slow is that they have reached or are approaching their limit to store alarms and events in the Hard Drive.

In the past, the A&E got dumped to DAT tapes and cleared from the hard drive automatically, but as time passed many DAT tape drives began failing and stopped collecting so it became more a manual process to archive the A&E externally (to another computer) and delete them from the OS Hard Drive.

The risk of restarting the OS so frequently is that eventually it may crash, specially if the issue is with the hard drive getting full.

We offer a cost effective alternative to the HP-UX Operating Stations that do not require RTA boards to communicate with the MB300 Network using Windows Operating System and OPC technology that solves this and other obsolescence issues.

For more information or support contact me at [email protected]

Yes this OS is used for monitoring and collecting alarms and events.
But all the other operating stations at the network are doing the same job.

So could this problem is happening due to a problem in the rta board or the transceivers or the network cables?