ABB Infi 90 DCS

E

Ed Gavino

Hi everyone,

I reside in the Philippines and do in between jobs as a marketing representative for a trading company here. Though my roots traces back in the early 80s as a systems engineer for Yokogawa DCS.

In my personal opinion, ABB has a weak support in SE and prominent at that to this date.

Incidentally, I have a requirement right now for a Bailey Infi90 LAN-90PCV (Process Control View) Software Release version 5.2. Appreciate anyone who may know of several sources of such software.

Should you find this interesting, maybe you can get in touch with me.

Ed

I believe ABB has discontinued PCV, which we found to be a problematic control platform.

My suggestion is to utilize a 3rd party operator interface but be warned most do not work with ICI03 computer interfaces (ABB put in in an algorithm that shuts down the com port after 28minutes). We've gotten things to work fine with ICI01 but may require a little more searching to get one that works with ICI03 modules.

If PCView is necessary then some of our customers may still have the old copies around after our retrofit of their system. I do not know what would be required (if anything) to transfer license of the software.

You are incorrect PCV is still supported and has had a new release 5.4. It is available for purchase until 2008 and has full support from ABB until some time after.

Well, I guess that leaves me with no other option other than the one suggested by the respondent. (i.e. the availability of old copies of the PCV from previously retrofitted systems).
A 1:1 replacement such as this would be more practical as long as the release version is same as that required which is 5.2.

Using a 3rd party Interface would be quite costly to consider with all the limitations and problems mentioned.

As for the license transfer, I do not think that it will be that big issue since it was already discontinued by the manufacturer. For re selling such item the only requirement would be a copy of the license key numbers included in its original packaging.

Another issue I would like to address is if this PCV is still supported by QNX OS as this will be used for a server with above OS installed.

To those interested to quote for the complete requirement, you may get in touch with me at [email protected]

M
Are you sure ABB still sells PCV5.x series? because Our company use more than 10 PCV systems and I have responsiblity to maintain those.

Your answer will become great help.

Thanks,
Michael Kim

C

Charlie Crusan

A couple of points here. First, the OPC server from Rovisys works fine with G firmware of the ICI03 and does not require the tag licenses. Second, Lan90 PCV 5.X was actually pretty good software with the biggest problem being lack of support from QNX for most of the latest computers. The version of PCV works only with the version of QNX that it was designed for so you will probably have to upgrade the QNX software anyway.

We can provide conversion services to iFix from the PCV package to work with the Rovisys OPC server and can bundle all of the software, hardware and services required.

If the requested version of Lan-90 PCV 5.2 works only with the QNX version that it was designed for, then perhaps it would be more practical if Charlie can supply the PCV 5.2 release package. Afterall, the said software will be used with the original QNX software installed.

I am likewise keen in bringing up with my client the option of a conversion services to iFix intended for Rovisys server and the rest of the bundled packages. I would just like to know more details on this and a rough budgetary figure of the whole conversion package turnkeyed. So if you are interested Charlie, you know where to address the details.

Ed Gavino

Hi Pat,

I managed to contact them and got hold of a copy.

Thank you for your kind information. Though I tried to get a price from them but still waiting for their response.

S

Sreekanth MS

Hi everyone,

ABB through its evolution program would be definetely help you all to migrate from your existing Legacy systems to their latest 800xA system at very reasonable rates...

Please do contact your nearest ABB Marketing guy...

A

Alain Leclerc

We are now providing an upgrade solution to the new ABB 800xA system for all earlier consoles (MCS, OIS, PCV and ConductorNT).

We have the ability to convert not only the actuals displays, but also to implement the taglist, Annonciator Displays Panel (ADP), Alarm management, Security, Trends pages, etc... We even are able to provide the new 800xA consoles with Operator dedicated Keyboards emulating the same direct commands with or without touchscreens.
We have already very satisfied customers using it in Europe and North America... So you can now update to ABB latest technology and still provide a seamless transition for you operating personnel.
We have been offering this service to ABB divisions and are now enlarging this to baseline customers...

For more information:
http://www.assyst-ld.com/NewHTMLSite/800_services_en.html#conversion
Or contact Alain Leclerc
(450)449-2570
[email protected]
www.assyst-ld.com