Automatic Generation Control in Estonia

I need to know what is the Automatic Generation Control (AGC) status criteria used in Estonia or how AGCs in Estonia at thermal power plants (oil shale) like Eesti, Balti, or Auvere behave or deal in case of grid secondary response such as MW drop or increase happen. In other words, what is the status of these Estonian AGCs' behavior in case of grid response (status: on, off, or other)?

Mainly I am looking for oil-fired power plants (in Estonia) - Grid Stability support mechanism AGC primary and secondary responses.

I hope you help me
Thank you

Here some notes that can highlight you:

Primary and secondary control of active power of generating installation
(1) If a power plant is used for primary and secondary control of active power, the system operator shall conclude a corresponding contract with the producer. Subsections (2) – (9) of this section shall serve as a basis for establishing the technical conditions in the contract.
[RT I 2010, 48, 295 - entered into force 19.07.2010]

(2) A power plant shall be able to participate in primary control. The dead band of the speed controllers of the turbines shall be adjustable between ± 0–500 mHz with the deviation of ± 10 mHz.

(3) The dead band of the turbines participating in primary control must not exceed ± 10 mHz; in case of non-participation in primary control the dead band level must not exceed ± 100 mHz. It must be possible to switch primary control on and off both from the transmission network and in the power plant.

(4) The following requirements shall be met for the operation of the equipment:
1) in the normal and alert state the output power of the generator shall be changed to the prescribed extent and within the specified limits either manually or by an automatic control system;
2) the set point of the primary regulator (frequency regulator) shall be 50 Hz;
3) it shall be possible to disengage the dead band;
4) it shall be possible to adjust the regulator droop between 2–8%;
5) the frequency measuring accuracy shall be at least ± 0.01 Hz.

(5) The primary control range (primary reserve) of the generating installation shall be at least ± 5% of the rated power;

Thank you for your response.

I have the following question:

Are the mentioned points (1-6) currently applicable in the Estonian oil-shale plants (by a contract between these power plants and the system operator)? If not applicable, is the reason technical or commercial?

Regards,

(6) The generating installation shall obtain the required primary reserve power within 30 seconds, whereas 50% of it within 10 seconds, and be able to maintain the primary reserve power for at least 15 minutes.

(7) A power plant shall transfer from the normal state into alert state, if the frequency variation speed exceeds 0.5 Hz in a second or if the frequency differs ± 0.5 Hz from the prescribed frequency.

(8) In the alert state power shall be controlled as follows:
1) all the generating installations of over 1 MW shall participate in primary control. The function of primary control shall be started automatically by a frequency relay or any other frequency-sensitive device;
2) the primary reserve shall be at least ± 12.5% of the rated power; in the case of wind turbines the primary reserve shall be at least 12.5% of the rated power;
[RT I 2010, 48, 295 - entered into force 19.07.2010]
3) [Repealed - RT I 2010, 48, 295 - entered into force 19.07.2010]

(9) The range of secondary control shall be at least ± 5% of the rated power and it shall be possible to realise it within 2 minutes.
[RT I 2007, 37, 255 - entered into force 25.05.2007]

§ 27. Power control in normal state of the system
(1) The load in condensing power plants shall be controlled at the rate provided for load changing in subsections (2) and (3) of this section. The power of other equipment may be controlled on the basis of the provisions in subsections (3) and (4).

(2) The active power of the generators of an oil fired or gas fired power plant is controlled at a rate of at least 8% of the rated power per minute. At this rate the power must be controllable within the limits of 30% in the range of 40-100% of the rated power of the equipment. If the equipment enables it, the output power can be changed at the maximum rate even in case it is below 40% or over 90% of the rated power.

(3) The active power of the equipment of solid fuel fired plants is controlled at the rate of at least 4% of rated power per minute. At this rate the power must be controllable within the limits of 30% in the range of 60-100% of the rated power of the equipment. In certain cases, the change may be below 20%. If the equipment enables it, the power can be changed at the maximum rate even in case it is below 60% or over 90% of the rated power.

(4) The active output power of wind turbines and wind farms is controlled at the rate of at least 8% of the rated power per minute, if the wind conditions enable it. At this rate the power must be controllable within the limits of 30% in the range of 20-100% of the rated power of the equipment.
[RT I 2007, 37, 255 - entered into force 25.05.2007]