Boiler tuning - pressure vs MWs

M

Mik

Hello to all,
I have came across to an excellent article about boiler tuning. It explains different control options and has very good graphical plots.

http://www.powermag.com/instrumentation_and_controls/1859.html

I need help understanding diagram which explains boiler following mode.

In the boiler following mode, firing rate is modified to control turbine's throttle pressure. On figure 1 is shown response to change in pressure setpoint. It is logical that every change in pressure setpoint will cause change in fuel (coal) flow. First part of the picture is showing what's happening when setpoint is lowered. I can understand most of the plots except one for MWs. I cannot understand why power is not changed. Boiler following mode assumes that boiler is maintaining throttle pressure, and that turbine is in its separate load control loop. There is no interaction between boiler and turbine control loops. On figure 1, total power (MWs) remains constant, while there is no change in control valves position. It is hard for me to understand this. If input fuel is lowered, then less steam will be generated also in conjuction with lowering the pressure.

Can anyone explain the figure 1 in more details