DLN (2.6e), FSR and TTRF1 in GE 9HA.01 Gas Turbine. Are they related?

TTRF1, the calculated temperature value at the downstream of Turbine stage 1.
Does it have any effect on Fuel Gas Control Valves (VGCs) opening? or is it solely done by FSR?
Plus, what is the link between FSR and DLN, as TTRF1 determines the DLN mode. how all these things collectively work actually?

Thanks in advance

If you are operating a GE-design Frame 9HA heavy duty gas turbine you should have access to all the fine documentation produced by GE Belfort and supplied with the machine and auxiliaries.

TTRF1 is the calculated value of combustion temperature based on many variables but not including FSR. As you wrote TTRF1 is mostly only used as the switching point/temperature for switching DLN modes. But there are several parameters that are used in the calculation of the TTRF1.

Fuel gas control valve openings are determined by a couple of factors, speed control being the primary factor when operating at Part Load (loads less than Base Load), and when operating at Base Load the fuel gas control valve opening are primarily controlled by CPR-biased exhaust temperature control. But, during both Part Load and Base Load operation various factors can affect the opening of one or more on the fuel gas control valves, possibly including TTRF1, but mostly exhaust temperature, axial compressor inlet temperature, IGV angles, NOx and/or CO levels and possibly fuel gas make-up (constituents).

To my knowledge, in the past on other GE-design heavy duty gas turbines DLN doesn’t affect FSR—which for a GE-design heavy duty gas turbine was split into individual signals for the various fuel gas control valves and those individual signals might be adjusted based on the factors listed above. But FSR is generally the total amount of fuel the Mark* thinks should be flowing for the given operating conditions and desired load, and that, again is divided into the individual gas fuel control valve reference signals which might be changed based on operating conditions.

But these days GE has shifted to ARES turbine control (Adaptive Real-time Engine Something)—which is GE’s term for Model-Based turbine engine control and a lot of the algorithms used for for ARES are considered by GE to be proprietary and are not made public, even to their controls field service people. It’s “need to know” and they feel most people DON’T need to know, because it could fall into enemy (the competition’s) hand.

If you are working on a site with HA machines it’s very likely GE is connected to the turbine control systems via a link over the Internet and is monitoring operation and providing information about operation and troubleshooting, but are probably not answering detailed questions with any specificity because of proprietary information concerns.

I’m afraid I can’t offer any more than this. And, as always, I may not be 100% correct about everything especially with all the secrecy these days.

If you are operating a GE-design Frame 9HA heavy duty gas turbine you should have access to all the fine documentation produced by GE Belfort and supplied with the machine and auxiliaries.

TTRF1 is the calculated value of combustion temperature based on many variables but not including FSR. As you wrote TTRF1 is mostly only used as the switching point/temperature for switching DLN modes. But there are several parameters that are used in the calculation of the TTRF1.

Fuel gas control valve openings are determined by a couple of factors, speed control being the primary factor when operating at Part Load (loads less than Base Load), and when operating at Base Load the fuel gas control valve opening are primarily controlled by CPR-biased exhaust temperature control. But, during both Part Load and Base Load operation various factors can affect the opening of one or more on the fuel gas control valves, possibly including TTRF1, but mostly exhaust temperature, axial compressor inlet temperature, IGV angles, NOx and/or CO levels and possibly fuel gas make-up (constituents).

To my knowledge, in the past on other GE-design heavy duty gas turbines DLN doesn’t affect FSR—which for a GE-design heavy duty gas turbine was split into individual signals for the various fuel gas control valves and those individual signals might be adjusted based on the factors listed above. But FSR is generally the total amount of fuel the Mark* thinks should be flowing for the given operating conditions and desired load, and that, again is divided into the individual gas fuel control valve reference signals which might be changed based on operating conditions.

But these days GE has shifted to ARES turbine control (Adaptive Real-time Engine Something)—which is GE’s term for Model-Based turbine engine control and a lot of the algorithms used for for ARES are considered by GE to be proprietary and are not made public, even to their controls field service people. It’s “need to know” and they feel most people DON’T need to know, because it could fall into enemy (the competition’s) hand.

If you are working on a site with HA machines it’s very likely GE is connected to the turbine control systems via a link over the Internet and is monitoring operation and providing information about operation and troubleshooting, but are probably not answering detailed questions with any specificity because of proprietary information concerns.

I’m afraid I can’t offer any more than this. And, as always, I may not be 100% correct about everything especially with all the secrecy these days.
Very well and substantially explained
Thanks a lot!!!
you made things really easier for me to understand!