Find the Contact Information of Forney


Thread Starter


I have some technical problem about the FORNEY ECS-1200 PLC. But I can't find the contact information for FORNEY ENGINNERING COMPANY at other web sites. Does anyone know the web site or the contact information?

Generally, the Digital Input/Output we said or named DI/DO. But I found the symbles of CI,CO,II and IO for the Input/Output points are listed on the Own's old technical documents. Do them mean Contact Input,Contact Output,Isolation Input and Isolation separately?
The name caught my eye. I remember Forney Engineering from my power plant days. They made burner controls for utility boilers and in those days used TTL logic like everyone else. Whether they later made and used PLCs or even if it's the same company that you're looking for, I don't know, but I found them at "": . They're a Kidde subsidiary now.

>From the forthcoming "Lost Companies" appendix to The Instrumentation Engineer's Handbook 4th Edition,

Forney Engineering Company is now Forney Corporation, with Fireye and Detector Electronics part of Kidde plc.

Forney's website is "":

Walt Boyes

---------SPITZER AND BOYES, LLC-------------
"Consulting from the engineer
to the distribution channel"
[email protected]
21118 SE 278th Place
Maple Valley, WA 98038
253-709-5046 cell 425-432-8262 home office
For information on the ECS-1200 or AFS 1000 (formerly manufactured by Forney International), contact:

HFC Controls Corporation
16650 Westgrove Drive Suite. 500
Addison, TX 75001
Toll Free: 1-866-501-9954
Fax: 972-367-4699

You might also try:

ControlSoft, Inc.
5387 Avion Park Drive
Highland Heights, OH 44143 USA
phone: 440-443-3900
fax: 440-443-0249
Hi there:
I gather you are having a few problems-- I used to program the ECS systems-- I wish I could take a look at it so I could be better help. Email me and let's see what I can do for you. I'm in San Francisco.

[email protected]