GE Gas Turbine CO2 fire protection system

I

IC_ENGR

At our GE gas turbine Frame-5, one high pressure solenoid valve has been installed on CO2 fire protection system. We want to purchase this SOV, but GE requires the exact part no. of the SOV. But the part no. is unreadable. Some information which has been noted from the manual:
“Reference Instruction GEK 28138, complete solenoid valve with pressure gauge (range 0-2000 psig) supply 125VDC Temp. 15-80C”

Can anyone provide us the Exact GE part no. of this SOV?

If you have a GE-packaged Frame 5, you should have an instruction manual which includes a Renewal Parts List (usually Volume IV).

Have you looked up the Fire Protection system in the Parts List? If you find the drawing of the system, there should be an "item number" of the solenoid on the drawing, and you can use the item number to look up the solenoid's part number on the Parts List which is usually one or two (sometimes more) sheets immediately ahead of the drawing.

In a GE Parts List, the Parts List is arranged by ML Number (ML stands for Model List). Piping Systems are ML 0900, and electrical systems (conduit and wiring and some instrumentation) are ML 1100.

If you can't find the drawing with the solenoid in the piping section (the ML 0900 section), you should try looking in the electrical section (the ML 1100) section.

I personally have spent a couple of hours paging through the Renew Parts List of units looking for drawings to determine where to find instrumentation, the part numbers of instrumentation and devices to order them when they've failed, and to find part numbers of check valves and servo valves and hydraulic dump valves and solenoids and light switches and gages. Over the years, the placement of systems and devices and drawings has changed; so for several years one may find the same information in the same place, and then it gets moved to a different section, for no discernible reason. so, it's difficult to tell you where to look, but I guarantee that if you spend some time going through the manual slowly you will find things and drawings which will make some things very clear and you will find information you didn't know was available. It can be very eye-opening and helpful; it can also be very frustrating (spoken from lots of personal experience).

Finally, sometimes the information you're looking for is not in the Renewal Parts List; and that's just a fact. A maddening, frustrating fact. When you're looking for something in the Renewal Parts List, one has to be creative. And even when you've gone through every single drawing and parts list, the information just isn't there. In the case of the Fire Protection system, it may also be helpful to look in Volume I of the instruction manual, in the System Description section. Every system has a section with a description of the intent of the system; some even have part numbers (most don't).

Perhaps if you told us the vintage of your system (when it was manufactured or installed), someone with a similar system can help you. A lot of times, the GE Part Number isn't physically on every part.

Thank you for the reply.

Our GE gas turbines were installed in 1981. I have gone through all the manuals and parts lists but could not find the SOV part no.

I will be grateful if you assist me in this regard.