GT Frame 7EA Secondary Flame Scanners Showing Less Intensity

Hi Gents,

I seek your support in understanding and rectifying issues related to secondary flame scanners on GE Make 7EA Gas Turbines- Machines Installed in KSA, Cogeneration plant, ambient condition high temperatures, and less humidity. 04 UV water-cooled secondary flame scanners have a history of the issue initially with primary flame scanners showing less intensity and later with secondary flame scanners intensity issue. Recently, we changed problematic flame scanners 7S & 8S and cleaned the remaining 3S & 4S, tested their intensity above 90 %. After completion of Hot Gas path inspection, once we started the machine, before DLN (DLN-1 machine) mode transfer, secondary and primary flame scanners showed normal behavior, however, once mode transfer happened, Flame scanners 3S & 4S drastically changed from around 50 % each to 0 & 8 % respectively.

Note that we had just prior to startup performed rinsing of the machine, however, note that our same capacity machine has no such issues reported.

Hi Gents,

I seek your support in understanding and rectifying issues related to secondary flame scanners on GE Make 7EA Gas Turbines- Machines Installed in KSA, Cogeneration plant, ambient condition high temperatures, and less humidity. 04 UV water-cooled secondary flame scanners have a history of the issue initially with primary flame scanners showing less intensity and later with secondary flame scanners intensity issue. Recently, we changed problematic flame scanners 7S & 8S and cleaned the remaining 3S & 4S, tested their intensity above 90 %. After completion of Hot Gas path inspection, once we started the machine, before DLN (DLN-1 machine) mode transfer, secondary and primary flame scanners showed normal behavior, however, once mode transfer happened, Flame scanners 3S & 4S drastically changed from around 50 % each to 0 & 8 % respectively.

Note that we had just prior to startup performed rinsing of the machine, however, note that our same capacity machine has no such issues reported.
Hi Abdul Karim,

I strongly suggest you to have a read, on this very useful and excellent thread posted in this excellent control.com forum:
https://control.com/forums/threads/ge-9e-dln1-secondary-flame-trouble.43322/

The issue was on a frame 9E but it can give you some tips advices for getting a solution at site.

Hope this can help,
ControlsGuy25.

Hi Abdul Karim,

I strongly suggest you to have a read, on this very useful and excellent thread posted in this excellent control.com forum:
https://control.com/forums/threads/ge-9e-dln1-secondary-flame-trouble.43322/

The issue was on a frame 9E but it can give you some tips advices for getting a solution at site.

Hope this can help,
ControlsGuy25.
So you get a read and found the post that I shared interesting Hum!!

One was excpecting at least a thank you ! or feedback !

Controls Guy25.

ControlsGuy25 thankyou for comment-Can i get "Secondary Flame Detector Warm up System." document, if you posses.
Abdul Karim

Thank you for your comments.

I am also looking for such document and looks like Drive link on this post is "dead".
You right to ask Adel S but FEFO shared a drive link with , you may ask him for getting it.

ControlsGuy25.

Abdul Karim

Thank you for your comments.

I am also looking for such document and looks like Drive link on this post is "dead".
You right to ask Adel S but FEFO shared a drive link with , you may ask him for getting it.

ControlsGuy25.
Looks like Adel S & FEFO are more posting/in activity on this forum.
Let check on the world wide web if there is kind of document.

Looks like Adel S & FEFO are more posting/in activity on this forum.
Let check on the world wide web if there is kind of document.
Abdul Karim ,

Please have a serious read on the following document, it talks about GE TIL and other Flame scanner retrofiting for getting solution on the case that you describing.

Also I have seen some GE documents, where it is saying to install new tubing with GE #PN , for anti condensing solution.

Just share an email I will send you these interesting documents.

Also watch this thread it talks on logic modification
here some notes that i retained :
As a sidenote we have modified logic to monitor the secondary flame detector intensity and stop the wash if 2 flame detectors fall below a set threshold. We have noted in colder ambients that the increased moisture from the wash seems to fog over the flame scanners at times. :
https://control.com/forums/threads/...water-wash-should-be-done-at-base-load.30719/

Also you did not mention Control system installed if it is Mark*5*6*e?

ControlsGuy25.