GTG trip when started running WI with liquid fuel.

@Dear all,

Please support me below question:

Our plant is refinery, we are using gas turbine Frame 6FA - Mark VIe controller. Can you tell me what conditions to running water injection liquid fuel? What values and parameters to consider and compare when starting up with water injection.
What is the value of WIPDP, WIPPR then accept?

Thank for your support.

Attachments

You need to list ALL the Process Alarms and Diagnostic Alarms that are active before you enable Water Injection, and all alarms which occur after you enable Water Injection. Most of the GE-design heavy duty gas turbines I have worked on which use Water Injection for NOx emissions reduction will automatically start injecting water when the fuel flow-rate reaches the setpoint, so it's not necessary for operators to do anything other than load the unit normally and Water Injection will automatically start and go to the required flow-rate based on fuel flow-rate.

Do you use liquid fuel often?

Do you use Water Injection often?

When did this problem start? Since commissioning? After a maintenance outage?

It looks like there are a couple of filters in the system. Are you certain the filters are free of air?

There's usually a strainer in the suction from the demin water storage tank, and sometimes it can be clogged.

There should not be a manual isolation valve in the recirc line from the Water Injection system to the storage tank, AND the check valve could also be not functioning properly.

We need to know what alarms are active before and during the initiation of Water Injection to be of any real help.

Get us those alarms, and we might be able to help you. It would also help if you told us what's been done on site to troubleshoot and resolve the problem--and what the results were (other than the troubleshooting was unsuccessful). If you took data of any kind, share it with us. It would also be helpful to know that kind of turbine control system is used on this turbine.