Honeywell Plantscape R500

A

ady

The front-end operator station running Plantscape R500 with controller C200 installed, was rebooted after it was hanged with the appearance of blue screen.

When it was restarted, the main station window is showing an unacknowledged alarm indication. but all the alarms displayed in the alarm summary section are acknowledged, and there is no unacknowledged alarm on that whole page.

I've checked with all accounts existing on the station including "mngr", but can't be able to view any unacknowledge alarm. I've also verified that the system area is assigned to the station, and therefore we can see all the alarms associated with the system.

Operating system of the front-end computer is Windows 2000 NT.

Please help me on this.

Thanks

T

Torulf Wiberg

I have experienced this several times and the only way I have found to fix the problem is to reinitialize the alarm system. This can be done by opening a command prompt and issuing the command "almint -force". You have to be logged on using an account that belongs to the "Honeywell Administrators" group.

/T

-------------------------------------------------------
Torulf Wiberg Tel. +46 (0)40 59 50 50
Deterministic Control AB Fax +46 (0)703 83 08 08
Derbyvägen 6E Dir. +46 (0)40 59 50 56
SE-212 35 Malmö
SWEDEN

Can I do this on live system? will it affect the controller, or what are the chances of the system got hanged during the execution of this command?

T

Torulf Wiberg

Yes you can do it on a running system.

I have never seen any action sent to the controller but I am not familiar enough with the inner workings to give an exhaustive answer. The same goes for your last question. I have never seen it happen but.......

/T

SE-212 35 Malmö
SWEDEN

This "but" has been keeping me from taking any step. Almint will delete all the alarms from the ERDB, but will it also delete anything from the controller's memory?

Have you ever tried to inquire about the specific reason behind these types of alarms? any success in that? or what is the specific area of which this alarm belong.

I believe there can be other way to acknowledge this alarm.

T

Torulf Wiberg

Sorry but I can´t help you any further on this. Are you sure that what you see is a true alarm and not an inconsistency in state information between your controller and PlantScape?

/T

SE-212 35 Malmö
SWEDEN

What can I further check to make sure that what I see is a true alarm and not an inconsistency in state information between your controller and PlantScape?