Honeywell Safety Manager Quadruple Modular Redundancy

1000022928.png

"The QMR architecture is realized with a redundant Controller. This redundant architecture contains two QPPs (see Figure above), which results in quadruple redundancy.The 2oo4D voting is realized by combining 1oo2 voting of both CPUs and memory in each QPP, and 1oo2D voting between the two QPPs. Voting takes place on two levels i.e.; on a module level and between the QPPs." This is from Honeywell manual can any one explain me above architecture and how 2oo4 voting is achieved in this.

@aqib...
Calculate Overt Failure-Rate (False-operation, i.e., before required) and Covert Failure-Rate (Not Operating, i.e., when required) of each element?
Regards, Phil Corso (Inventor of C-MOS Based "PRETECT" Safety System, 13,000,000 Hrs w/o Failure)

@aqib...
Another "PRETECT" Statistic: about 4,000 Input Sensors and Output Actions!
The idea began after having been assigned a 3-month start-up of the 1st LNG (Liquid Natural Gas) plant, in La Spezia, Italy.
I left 7 years later, having literally "exploded" the old belief that a "false trip wasn't costly, it was the subsequent restart"!
False-Trips of the LNG Plant resulted in a 900 ft flare, cost $1 million, frightened plant operators, tourists and citizens, not to mention stirring-up ire of local Authorities Having Jurisdiction!
Regards, Phil Corso

@aqib...
Another "PRETECT" Statistic:
It was installed in a Nuclear plant, BG&E in Maryland. No, not the reactor, but its Ancillary units consisting of 6 BFW pumps, and 2 Steam Turbine Generators!
After a run of about a year, EPRI Study NP-5416s, concluded "PRETECT" could increase the On-Line Time of the 100 Nukes, in operation in the USA, by 219,000 hours per year!
Now the "Rest of the Story": Nah... you wouldn't believe if I told it.
Regards, Phil Corso
[email protected]