Mark V <C> core problem

S

saha

Gas turbine was running without data updating on <I>. This was due to communication loss between <R> and <C>. With the <I>, I can communicate to the <C> but not with the <R>.

Bellow all information collected:

The control system is a MARK V Simplex

When we power up the panel, <R> reaches A6, the <C> reaches A5. When we reboot the <C> again, the <R> core reaches A7 and the <C> remains at A5 and displays:
DCC ERRORS
QST DPM TIME OUT
IO CFG BAD RESP
IO CFG FAILED
DCC IO RESET

With DCC monitor of the <C> to check the IO STATES, the following is displayed:

(13) IOMA A6
(12) DCCB A6
(8) LCCB A5
(4) TCD1 A6
(1) TCCA A6

In Diagnostic Alarm Display: there are 09 alarms:<pre>
0327 LCC No timeset message received <C>
0338 LCC failed DCC I/O configuration
0334 LCC major revision mismatches VDP
0333 LCC DCC major revision mismatches VDP
0332 LCC name mismatches VDP
0330 LCC frame rate or EEPROM mismatches VDP
0329 LCC vote table checksum mismatches VDP
0019 DCC IO card could not configure card

With DIAGC I’ve sLCC Diagnostics
Conforming Diagnostic

Bad State to configure lCC 0x00
Voting table checksum mismatches VDP 0x07
Frame rate or EE prom mismatches VDP 0x07
DCC name mismatches VDP 0x07
LCC name mismatches VDP 0x07
DCC major revision mismatches VDP 0x07
LCC major revision mismatches VDP 0x07
LCC failed DCC I/O configuration 0x07

with the Unit card Identification (CARD_ID.exe) I get the following:
C-TCCA : (TCCA 4.2 )
C-SLCC : (LCCb 4.4 )
C-IOMA : (IOMA 4.5 )
C-SDCC : (DCCb 7.2 )
C-TCDA : ( TCD1 3.5 )
No response from <R
No response from <S>
No response from <T>

In the I/O Configuration Editor
For the <C>
DCCb
12 Rev 7.2

SLCCb
08 Rev 4.4

IOMA
13 Rev 4.5

TCCA
01 Rev 4.2

TCDA_3
04 Rev 3.5

<C> cards are :
DS200TCCAG1BAA WITH THE PROM CHIP DS200TCCAF1BDB 01 (U8 1/2)
DS200TCCAF1BDB 02 (U9 2/2)

DS200SDCCG4AGD WITH THE PROM CHIP DS200GASCF1AAC 01 (U12 1/2)
DS200GASCF1AAC 02 (U11 2/2)
DS20010IOMAF1BDE 01(U22 1/2
DS20010IOMAF1BDE 02 (23 2/2)

DS200SLCCG3AEG WITH THE PROM CHIP DS200DENCF1BDD 01 (U6 1/2)
DS200DENCF1BDD 02 (U7 2/2)

DS200TCDAH1BGD WITH THE EEPROM CHIP DS200TCDAF1BCE 01 (U2 1/1)</pre>
All the ribbon cables and Hardware Jumpers are checked according to the GEH document for TCCA , SDCC , SLCC

I TRIED TO DOWN LOAD TO <C> AND REBOOT BUT WITHOUT RESULT

Any help will be appreciated

B

Bob Johnston

Firstly, your problem is the the LCCB at A5. Do you have a spare LCCB that you can change? Was any work done recently on the system?

Replace LCCB as Bob Johnston advised and if not solve try to replace power supply card and see. we had similar problem and replaced DCCB, TCEA, TCDA and finally power supply card TCPS solved our issue.

Good luck
Take care
G.Rajesh

J
Saha,

I am the Product Line Leader for Services at GE Measurement and Controls. As noted below, the Controls Connect portal has significant functionality at no cost and our support team should be able to help resolve your question.

Controls connect is a combination of a self-service knowledge portal with GE information, a link to live support and personalization functionality to help manage your individual sites. In Controls Connect you can search for similar issues, find manuals, TILS, white papers, etc. In addition, phone/email support is provded by a highly trained technical support team. Finally, there is a MySites feature that allows you to manage information for your specific sites. All of this functionality, including the 24/7 tech support is a FREE service. I hope this helps.

If you are a turbine operator, business associate or EPC firm, you can go to http://site.ge-energy.com/online_tools/controls_connect.htm for more information via the GE Controls Connect portal.

CONTROLS CONNECT NOTE: You will need to register but it is a fairly quick registration. Once you register, it should be a short time to get access to the system. If you have a GE SSO#/Login and are a GE turbine operator, business associate or EPC firm, please send me an email with the subject "Controls Connect Access" and include your SSO#, Name and Company. Please note that we do not accept generic email addresses (e.g. @yahoo, @hotmail, @gmail, etc). Company based email addresses are required for security reasons. Your registration will take less than 3 days. If you do not have a GE SSO# you can register at http://site.ge-energy.com/online_tools/controls_connect.htm and select the register button to start the process. Registration forms should require less than 5 minutes to complete. If you have any questions feel free to contact me at [email protected] as we have some guides for the registration process.

Dear all

The problem occurred suddenly, the machine was running normally then we noticed the data on the <I> not changing (not updating). we shut down the machine and start investigation.

I have changed all the <C> core cards TCCA, SDCC, SLCC, TCDA and the power supply card TCPS and the problem still persists!

> I have changed all the <C> core cards TCCA, SDCC, SLCC, TCDA and the power
> supply card TCPS and the problem still persists!

Hi,

- Did you check power supplying voltages: incoming to MKV and on testing points on power supplying cards on processors: R/C? In GEH 5980 Maintenance Manual are provided acceptable limits for these voltages.

- Did you check what data you can see using BOI - BOI communicates directly with <R> processor, without using <C> processor.

- From the diagnostic alarms presented by you several of them (0338 ... 0329) do not exclude the option that defect is outside of the <C> processor. Check the possible corrosion on the connecting pins or broken wire. TCQC card in pos 4 on <R> is used for internal MKV communication. Try to replace it.

Regards

H

Hydrogen gas

Please sorry you are experiencing communication failure between your <R> and <C> processors,and that you have change all cards in the <C> core but to no avail. We have similar problem sometime past.

-Please check the link between the <R> and <C> cores on the communication link. I mean the ribbon cables on the TCQC Loc4 in the <R> linking the <C> core. if you have new one change it that is CARC VOTER TO <C> LCC ARCPL.

Thanks.