Mark V EX2000 Comm Problem

C

cemsguy

Does anyone know what error code 32767 on my Cimplicty Generator screen means?

We can't communicate between our Mark V and our EX2000.

Arcwho does indicate the Ex2000 and Mark V are both online. Of course, the Mark V and the HMI have been communicating just fine.

Did this just start happening? Like after a Cimplicity project update? Or a Cimplicity update?

Can you see any data on the Cimplicity generator display? Are the values just being shown as a series of hash marks: ####? Or is it just the EX2000 alarm drop number which shows 32767?

It's long been a suspicion that the HMI only reads data from the EX2000 via the Mark V--the Mark V does all the communicating with the EX2000, and just feeds data to CIMPLICITY when asked. That suspicion comes from the big EX2000 section in the middle of IO.ASG. And from the fact that the EX2000 uses a different communication protocol on the StageLink. But I've never been able to confirm this, so it's just a suspicion. Does anyone know for sure?

Has someone been making changes to Cimplicity displays? When using Cimplicity Signal Manager to update the project database, it can cause lots of problems if it's not done correctly.

The problem is that I've never seen a step-by-step procedure, and every field engineer seems to do it a little bit differently and none of them will write down the steps they use and they all go too fast to write them down while they're doing it. (Job security?)

If it's just the EX2000 alarm drop number being displayed as 32767, it's probably a problem with a missing file or bad display set-up or the way the Signal Manager was run. Problem is, you probably need a GE field engineer to fix it. If it was working properly before, it can be made to work properly again. Almost anything can be done for time and money.