MARK V PI_REG00 -- PROPORTIONAL + INTEGRAL REGULATOR

Hello;
In
attached the document of the PI regulator in the MARK V controler
Please i dont understand how it works the PI regulator installed on the MARK V exactly the ITC block: Integral_out; when i see this value online it is almost the same as the regulator output.
Is there someone who can explain to me the operation of this regulator in detail,
and how I can calculate Integ_in

Greeting

Attachments

I have seen this on the diesel fuel bypass valve.

Used during startup and the first flame.

During startup more fuel is needed to provide flame and then the fuel signal is integrated out to a normal fuel flow to maintain flame.

Hello;
In
attached the document of the PI regulator in the MARK V controler
Please i dont understand how it works the PI regulator installed on the MARK V exactly the ITC block: Integral_out; when i see this value online it is almost the same as the regulator output.
Is there someone who can explain to me the operation of this regulator in detail,
and how I can calculate Integ_in

Greeting
Hello

Actually Integ_in is an Analog imput( value) why you want /need to calculate it ...

Are you referring to Atomizing air temp control ...as I got one CSP file showing that REG00 is for that sub system..

intg_In is Atomizing air temp out signal ( analag signal) as I mentionned before..

Out_0 is for AATR IS same signal as Intg_In ( as above)
Intg_Out1 is AATR1 (INTEGRATOR MSW *2)

Do you confirm...

James

Faycell,

The Integ_In parameter is NOT a Control Constant; rather it is the variable which is being supplied to the integrator portion of the PI Regulator block.

The "V" in the ITC rectangle is the value being passed to the integrator function. The "K" value is the integrator time constant. The Integ_Out will be approximately equal to the Integ_In value when the time specified by the time constant has passed.

AND, the Integ_Out value gets passed up in the PI_REG00 block to a CLAMPing function which ensure the Out of the PI_REG00 block will not exceed the Max or Min inputs.

So, the value of Integ_In comes from another block or function in the CSP (Control Sequence Program); it's not a control parameter.

Perhaps you might get better help if you describe what you are trying to use the PI_REG00 block for, or the "problem" which you are trying to resolve.

Faycell,

The Integ_In parameter is NOT a Control Constant; rather it is the variable which is being supplied to the integrator portion of the PI Regulator block.

The "V" in the ITC rectangle is the value being passed to the integrator function. The "K" value is the integrator time constant. The Integ_Out will be approximately equal to the Integ_In value when the time specified by the time constant has passed.

AND, the Integ_Out value gets passed up in the PI_REG00 block to a CLAMPing function which ensure the Out of the PI_REG00 block will not exceed the Max or Min inputs.

So, the value of Integ_In comes from another block or function in the CSP (Control Sequence Program); it's not a control parameter.

Perhaps you might get better help if you describe what you are trying to use the PI_REG00 block for, or the "problem" which you are trying to resolve.
Hello, thank you for your answer and for your attention
I'm trying to add a valve controlled by a PI REG00.

Faycell,

When making modifications or additions to Mark* control systems, the thing to do ALWAYS is to find a similar rung or block or group of blocks and then "copy" what was done. In this case, you're probably looking for a group of blocks, mostly likely including some kind of servo output block and maybe a MANUAL_SETPOINT block. But there should be examples you can follow.

Fair warning: I'm NO PID dude. From what I know of PID functions there are basically two types: "normal" and "inverse." And GE's blocks use the "inverse" type (surprise, surprise). Which makes tuning the PID function a little difficult for some people who are only accustomed to or familiar with the "normal" type.

But, this I DO know: The best way to "learn" how to make modifications or additions to Mark* control system programming is to find something similar that already exists in the programming of the Mark* you are working on and use it as an example of how to make your modification or addition. It's just that simple--it really is. I've had people tell me that can't make programming changes in a Mark* because they don't know how to or were never taught how to (a lot of these people were GE field service people...!). I even had a GE Training Center instructor tell me I couldn't make changes to Mark* programming without attending one of his courses. To which I just belly-laughed, and said, "I learned by analyzing how similar things were done in other parts of the programming and just "duplicating" that. And he just walked away without any comment.

Best of luck!

I would say, from looking at logic examples and the description, the Integ_In is suppose to be the output to the valve to provide a bumpless transfer when switching from manual to auto. In the example I looked at the OUT does not go directly to the valve but to a compare block that would allow you to switch from auto to manual. So If your viewing the block in live logic and the controller in auto the Out should be the same as Integ_OUT. This prevents reset windup when switched back to auto.