Mark V temperature calculation

A

anonymous

Dear All,

On our Steam Turbine HMI, calculation for temperature different for rotor warming is not working i.e MnStm (50) - Cvout (30) = zero and Allow value also showing zero, which core is controlling this calculation and which file?

It's really not clear what kind of calculation you are talking about, and you seem very unfamiliar with Mark V in general.

Typically, calculations of this type are performed by the Mark V, not the HMI, and the results are displayed in some field on the HMI.

Is this a problem which just started? Or has it been going on for some time?

If the problem just started, what actions preceded the problem? Was there an outage recently? Did someone try to add some signals to the CIMPLICITY project (it is presumed the operator interface is a PC running one of the MS-Windows operating systems and CIMPLICITY; if it is an <I> you should said)?

You, or someone on your site, will need to determine where the value you are referring to is being calculated. As was said above, that is usually in the Mark V, which transmits values to the HMI (or <I>) when requested to do so. If the value comes from the Mark V, it's calculated in the CSP (Control Sequence Program) and there are a number of files which are compiled to create the CSP that's downloaded to and then executed by the Mark V.

NOT OFTEN, but sometimes, people took "shortcuts" and used the mathematical capability of CIMPLICITY (this was not available on the <I>) to calculate a simple value, such as this. If that's the case, then the problem lies in the CIMPLICITY project, or the .CIM file that contains the value (the .CIM file would reside on the HMI in the CIMPLICITY project folder and is edited using CIMEDIT on the HIM).

There's really not much we can do to help you, since we don't know enough about your site, how the operator innteface is configured, your experience level with the Mark V or CIMPLICITY. It's suggested that if this is a high priority or a critical calculation, you obtain the services of someone who can assist you quickly since you didn't provide enough information for us to be of much help and the possibilities are too great to detail them all.

Best of luck.